Sunday, March 12, 2006

Weekend of 3/10/06

Here’s the scoop on the weekend:

Friday
Believe it or not we did not have plans. Jim and I went to dinner at a little Mexican restaurant near our house and hung out, just the two of us, all night long.

Saturday
Jim, Dale and Karen (not me) judged Cincinnati science fair held at UC. Good times had by all (except for the getting up at 6:45am on a weekend) and interesting stories to tell after the fact. I slept in until 9:30 when I woke up to rain and thunder outside – prompting me to enjoy cuddling with my pillow and being tangled in blankets for another full half hour.

Dale had dinner with us which always makes me happy because 1) I’m not sure he eats enough home cooked meals 2) he brings good dessert with him. Afterwards, Dale, Karen & my parents came over for an impromptu game night where we played Scattergories, Mexican dominos, and Sequence. Fun times. Mom commented that Dale will have lots of Templin time on the cruise, to which he responded "Man Overboard!"

Sunday (today)
One of the best shows I’ve ever seen, Wicked, was on the docket for 1:00 with Mom as part of our Broadway Series Tickets. Fabulous all the way around. It was the kind of show that you forget you are watching a play and get wrapped up into it like it’s real life.

We won ¾ bowling games in our league which keeps our place in the middle of the pack. Jim snaked the bathroom drain and made some horrible-smelling, nasty-to-look-at gunk plop out of the drain. I was supposed to shine the light but didn’t want to look, making it difficult to keep a good aim for him.

I finished a book today- a Nora Roberts (my favorite author!) series that is very addictive as this book was the first out of 4. Jim’s working on other household items so I’m going to sneak back and try to get a good jump on book 2. :)

Lazy weekends are the best!

8 comments:

Dale said...

Wow, I really don't know where to begin to respond :)

- Dinner: It's all a ploy to get nice people like you to feel sorry for me to make me dinner. I did the same thing with the parents, they felt bad that I didn't have any furniture that they got me a kitchen table for Xmas.

- Man overboard: Not sure how smart that was of me considering Templins outnumbered non-Templins (as they will on the cruise too)

TreyJ said...

Sounds like a full weekend. One thing our house is lacking is board games - guess we should work on that.

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Sounds like a good weekend to me.

Karen said...

the man overboard comment was HILARIOUS!

Viki said...

I love that Mexican place! Come to think of it, I love most Mexican places! Yay! Soon I can actually go out to dinner at a Mexican place if I want to!

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I think this was the weekend for laziness.

LisaMarie said...

You should have called us on Friday! We weren't doing anything. Weird story, Kendall judged the Montgomery County Science Fair on Friday, and I too stayed home and slept.

I'm so jealous you saw Wicked! I wanted to see it and it was sold out already! My frien Suzanne saw in on Broadway, and said it was incredible too!

Let's get together soon.

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Hey, WAIT A MINUTE..... I call Shenannigans on not having plans on Friday.

I simply don't believe the busiest person I know didn't have plans.