Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Pet Peeve

You know what’s really gross? People who don’t wash their hands after they use the bathroom. To protect the guilty, I’ll refrain from using names, but it makes me cringe every time I hear a flush and an immediate door opening after several of my co-workers use the restroom. They don’t even feign washing their hands by turning on the water for even 15 seconds. I’m not pretending that I wash my hands for the full time I should (experts say that you should lather as long as it takes to sing Happy Birthday through), but I do use soap and I do wash EVERY time I go.

It’s incredibly obvious to everyone whose office is within a 15 foot range that they just peed and dashed. In addition to my being disgusted by now touching the inside bathroom door knob in general, it’s lowered my personal and professional respect level for them. I can honestly say this bothers me more than the other set of people who #2 in the little sales bathroom on our side of the office and don’t try to mask it with the Febreze Air Spray. At least then I know right away and can choose to use another bathroom.

4 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

That email made me grossed out and laugh at the same time!

I feel for ya! Maybe you should make a funny sign and put it on the stall doors or something to remind people!

Viki said...

Have you ever seen that Far Side cartoon with the guy who's walking out of the bathroom as an alarm is going with, complete with flashing lights and a blinking sign that says "Did not wash hands!" ?

Sarah said...

This is one of my pet peeves as well. What's really sad is that my coworkers and I spend a great deal of time teaching the kids to wash their hands after using the bathroom, and then adults/professional people in my office don't do it!

I want the alarm with flashing lights and blinking sign!

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Hehehe, I agree with you, and I'm sure I can identify a few of those folks. Frankly, it's one reason I pretty much never use that restroom. I'm normally very good about these things, so I hope I'm not on your list!!!