Friday, March 31, 2006

Eyewear/Reunion

Yesterday, after dinner and Jim set off for martial arts, I headed to Kohl’s to buy new sunglasses. It’s a new record for me to have kept the old ones 2 years before losing them which is why I won’t follow Jim’s footsteps in buying a $120 pair. After checking out the clearance racks (it’s my civic duty) I headed to the sunglasses department. The very first pair I put on I liked. That being particularly odd in itself I went to a bigger mirror than the 4” one on the rack and tried them again. Still looked good, so I bought them. Just like that. Without trying on another pair or even going back to the sunglasses rack. Amazing.

Public Question: Who from UD is going to go to the 5 Year reunion June 9-11?? I’m strongly requesting that I see the faces of Viki and Lisa and I’m even reaching out to Miss Wahn and Ford as well (you guys were there with us the whole time and would know bunches of people there anyway!). I’m intending on going to the class party on Friday night and the porch party Saturday night. Jim, the non-drinker/non-UD grad, isn’t so thrilled about going. Who’s up for it? And if so, thoughts on spending the night on campus ($65 for a double occupancy room in Marionist hall)?

10 comments:

LisaMarie said...

Are you on drugs? I'm sleeping in my own house dude. It's like 5 minutes from campus and I KNOW the bed is clean. HA! If you get your reservations in early, I MIGHT let you stay at my house. =P

I'm thinking of going, but I won't go to too much. Do I need to register for any of the stuff you mentioned going to?

Viki said...

I will be at the Reunion, provided I don't work for Ravinia, or get the time off if I do...I'd rather work for Ravinia than be at the reunion and see you guys later this year. :-)

Sunday, the 11 I will be at Kristin's graduation in Columbus, even if I have to fly out that morning and fly back that night.

I'm requesting reservations at the Casa di Erdahl!

Viki said...

Oh, and if I go, Trey will be there as well...he doesn't have much of a choice, and I figure he'll get along pretty well with Kendall. :-)

Sarah said...

I know that being the incredible women that you are you all realized that that weekend is my birthday! I hadn't really thought about it, because it's not technically my reunion year, but I can certainly swing it.

Mamma Sarah said...

Hmmmm... sounds like it could be a reunion weekend for us all... Maybe we can all get together for a gals night out on top of the reunion events.

LisaMarie said...

I just want you all to know that Viki has officially reserved the queen size bed until I'm otherwise notified. She claimed it first here. I still have a twin and two wonderful couches up for grabs. And a queen size air mattrass.

Karen said...

well shit, if trey's not going i'm officially claiming to be Viki's bedmate. :)

Viki said...

Maybe we could all just sleep on Lisa's living room floor...you know, curl up together like bunnies.

LisaMarie said...

Hey, Casa de Erdahl caters to most desires, but I wouldn't suggest sleeping on our hardwood floors. Brrrrrrr......

I'll make sure to pencil Karen in, but I thought Viki said if she was coming, Trey WAS.

Karen, would you like the air mattrass option so Jim can attend, or would you like the office single? Hehe.

Karen said...

Jim's still on the fence about going, so i'll take the office if Sarah doesn't come down. If she does i'll sleep on the air mattress.

NOTES: You need to register for the reunion. The two events i menetioned are open bar with food for $25/each.