Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Disney Day 2

There are a lot of untamed children and a lot of idiot parents in Disney. Yesterday I was enjoying a Chicken Caesar Wrap by the pool for lunch and there was a 2 year old screaming his lungs out. I totally understand that kids will not always be angels in public, but for the life of me I can’t fathom why the grandmother would pace with the child the length of the eating area. Why should 40 other people have their lunch disturbed? Freakin’ take your kid to a more isolated area and let him calm down! GEEZ.

All day yesterday I was pretty much tethered to my hotel room and computer so I could uphold my arrangement with the boss to be productive on this trip. I was very good, if I do say so myself, about keeping up with emails and conference calls and only took 1 hour over lunch to eat and sun myself out on the dock around noon. I did spend some quality relaxation time on our balcony that overlooks a garden and a pool towards the end of the ‘work day” though.

Jim got done with his training at 5 and we headed up to the cocktail hour with his other SEC classmates. We stayed about 30 minutes because I was starving and Jim’s not one for randomly talking to strangers. We walked all around the Boardwalk looking for dinner places but at the end of a very pleasant stroll we ended up eating in a restaurant in our hotel. We stayed in all night after dinner and watched TV and let Jim catch up on email. He had training start at 8am this morning so we went to bed at our normal time.

Tonight we’re going to Jellyrolls, the dualing piano bar – one of the piano players is a Kilwein (for you UD people!) and though I didn’t graduate with him I think I’ll request the UD fight song and introduce myself! With a noon flight tomorrow we can stay out a bit later and enjoy the scenery.

PS- I’m starting to regret my no Soarin’ yesterday based on your comments…. Oh well… next time!

3 comments:

TreyJ said...

Sounds like you're having a good time. Wish I could have a margarita with ya!

By the way, have you seen my mom? She's in Orlando, too! Say hi to her if you do.

Mamma Sarah said...

Well at least you are having a good time. Hopefully not too good of a time!

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Sounds like a fun time!!

Hehe, you'll love the piano bar :)