Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Back to reality...

Today was rather uneventful. We got up, had breakfast, packed and flew back. Cincinnati welcomed us with constant grey and rain which made our drive home slow-going. As soon as I walked in the door I prepped to walk right back out and go to class.

Some general comments/updates (1 I will expand on at a later date):

  • I sat outside by the pool yesterday and b-u-r-n-e-d my chest and shins. It’s unfortunate in a way that my skin’s healing so quickly- I have a persistent itch along my bra line that is very inconvenient to attend to while in public!
  • There are NASTY people in this world. I watched a Latin guy blatantly pick his nose on the plane and later on in the flight spend 45 minutes gnawing on his fingernails. The man was having a full-out feast on his fingertips right in front of me. He’d even contort his hand and neck to get a better angle on them. I pity the next person who had to sit in his seat after his saliva-coated fingers unlatched the seat belt, opened the overhead compartment bin and twisted the air vent. I understand Howard Hughes’s view of the world a whole lot better…
  • I got a 56.81% on my sales test. Mindy called me this afternoon in a frizzle about the whole thing. Apparently 1 person got an 80, 1 person got a 72, 1 got a 68 and the remaining 15 people were in the 50’s. He even gave an XU employee a 51%! This prompted 1 person to walk out, 5 people to drink and lament further action after class, 1 4-page letter to the executive director from the top guy in our class (current VP of marketing who oversees 1700 sales people at xpedx who got a 51%), and 4 phone calls to department and program heads by Mindy. Tomorrow I’m following their lead and your advice and writing the Exec. Dir.
  • My capstone group finished 3rd out of 9 teams with an overall shareholder return of 1409%! :)

6 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

1) Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound to gloomy Ohio. Things are not suppose to get any better, but hey it's Ohio!

2) Burnt! UGH! I wanna go to Florida. Glad you had a great time! Can't wait to hear more!

3) I'm not touching the nasty guy thing. That's just gross and I would have totally asked him to go somewhere else or if he wanted my airplane snack.

4) Oh my GOD about the test. I would have totally walked out, made a phone call, AND written a letter! I hope EVERYONE (except the 80% person) demands justice!

5) Wish I was one of those shareholders!

6) Get back to work! LOL! Missed you while you were gone.

TreyJ said...

Did anyone start drinking IN class? Sounds like a good solution to me. If he's not taking you seriously, turn the place into happy hour!

Viki said...

Torch the guy! Torch the guy! If you want, I'll fly to Ohio in another 2 weeks and hit him with my crutches for you!

Karen said...

i'm getting a visual of viki clobbering my professor and cursing in Italian!

Mamma Sarah said...

I was getting that same visual! LOL! Go VIKI! And the rest of us are at the door cheering her on!

LisaMarie said...

I like Trey's idea of drinking IN class. I would have been one of the people that walked out. It would be safer that way. This man needs to be stopped!