Thursday, March 09, 2006

Sales Class Update

The ball is officially rolling. I sent a very comprehensive letter to Jen Bush, the MBA Executive Director, and copied both the Marketing Chair and the Dean of the MBA about the absurdity of my Sales class. There have been at least 4 other emails from my classmates that were sent to Jen that I was blind-copied on as well with the same concerns.

The marketing chair wrote back one of my classmates with the following update:

Mark:
I received a copy of your email from Jen Bush.
FYI I met with Mr. Bowman this afternoon and we had a very frank discussion.
Rest assured that the dean's office and I are working on solutions to this unfortunate situation.
Thank you for your concern and input. We will be back in touch with all of you soon.
Please feel free to call me to discuss at any time (513.235.7691).

Clint Schertzer, Ph.D.
Chair, Department of Marketing
Xavier University

Additionally, one classmate did some gossip validation and found out that the Marketing Department has already contacted another teacher who does the undergrad sales class to come take over the rest of the semester – hooray! Perhaps this can be salvaged! Too bad about half the semester has been piddled away on this idiot.

5 comments:

LisaMarie said...

I love that he said "frank conversation", which is PC language for, "I chewed his ass off". It sounds like you're going to at least get your revenge on this man by having his ass fired. I can't tell you how satisfying that is to read, and I'm not even in the class!

Karen said...

damn woman - you respond fast!!

Mamma Sarah said...

HOORAY for justice!!! Glad to hear that the "frank conversation" is going to get him outta there as fast as possible. Keep us posted.

TreyJ said...

Sounds like you should REALLY have happy hour in class next week if he's gone!

Viki said...

Good for you guys!