Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Monday Evening News

Last night Anjali came over to spend the night with us. She and her family are moving to NC and she has no furniture to sleep on at her old house in Mason. We were happy to accommodate! She mentioned that it was a little uncomfortable for her since we don’t have that kind of relationship normally (ie didn’t go to HS or college together and since they live(d) in Cincinnati they had no reason to spend the night before). We run Hotel Eutsler half the time anyway (had guests on Saturday night too!) so it wasn’t weird for me at all! What also dawned on me is that I truly can sleep anywhere. If I had to go crash at Dale’s one night I wouldn’t think anything of it (perhaps he would…).

When Jim woke me up this morning I was dreaming about Lisa. We were at a salon and I was getting a manicure and she was telling me about how she’s determined that teaching in traditional schools is not her calling. She can’t take the bratty children and the annoying parents any more. She had decided to follow-up on a zoology class she took at UD and go into animal research by teaching monkeys things like sign language, fine motor skills, etc. Her arguments were that the monkeys 1) don’t talk back, 2) are always happy to see you, 3) very clearly make or don’t make progress, and 4) require little governmental regulation (no tests, no progress reports, no individual school plans). She was really excited and was going to be making 2X what she does now. And my nails looked good - double bonus.

Other news – Carol wrote a blog: http://www.myspace.com/lumpie_wan. Let’s all harass her to keep it up (specifically ask her about her new black light that finds gross things in bathrooms). Tom’s in surgery right now- shoot a quick thought/prayer his way please! AND: SARAH F’S MOVING TO OHIO!! This proves to me that with enough nagging, anything is possible! Congrats on your Univ. of Akron graduate school acceptance!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

karen!

Mamma Sarah said...

You have the weirdest dreams!!!!

Sarah said...

Not only are your dreams weird, but I'm amazed at how you remember them with such vivid detail. Why is that!?!

Anonymous said...

Um, yes, although you'd most definitely be welcome, I'd definitely think it'd be weird if you randomly crashed at my place.

Viki said...

If Lisa opened a research institute/school for monkeys, Trey would be happy to teach there as well!