Saturday, March 18, 2006

Friday Night Highlights

Last night we headed out with the Sacks for our once every other month or so get-together. As always, lively conversation ensued. It’s nice when you can sit back and say “I know some really tremendous people” and know that you’ll have them as friends 20 years into the future.

We had attempted to go to Brazenhead, a 3 story Irish bar, in Mason to celebrate St. Patty’s, but there was a line of 100 people who they were only letting in on a 1-to-1 basis as people left and a $10 cover charge. So, instead, we headed down to Johnny Carino’s for some Italian (where we only waited about 25 minutes on a Friday night!). Good food, lousy service.

We got home around 11:15 or so, read a bit and hit the sack. We’re expecting Jim’s cousin Rachel and her husband Nathan within the next few hours so we’ve spent a good chunk of the morning cleaning. Right now as I’m typing my dear husband is MOPPING the kitchen floor the old fashioned way (aka not with Swiffer). I have it so good….

3 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Just remind Jim that he should hire himself out to clean others places... he does such a good job and seems to enjoy it so much. LOL

Glad to hear your had fun on your "outing" last night. Can't wait til we get together... whenever that is.

Sarah said...

I'm jealous that I don't have a man to clean my house. Although I did have on help me go grocery shopping today, that was nice.

TreyJ said...

St. Patty's day for us was a few cans of Guinness in the hotel room and falling asleep around 10 pm.