Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Menu Compliments/Concerns

I am eating a totally kick-ass lunch right now – It’s a sandwich with large sliced tomatoes, ½" thick fresh mozzarella, red onion slivers, olive oil and garlic on toasted ciabata bread. I’m so full but I just want to keep tasting it!! I got fruit on the side and Jim snuck me out a banana from his training and just dropped it off. Lovin’ life right now.

Speaking of food, there’s a new Long John Silver’s product out – lobster bites. It’s little balls of lobster that are breaded and deep fried. They come in packs of 10 or as part of a combo. The MBA in me is going nuts over this. Lobster does not seem to be to be a good product for them except for the fact that it’s seafood. Here’s my beef (hahaha) about it:

  • Lobster is a high-end product that is top of the line cost and quality wise at most restaurants. When I, as a higher-than-average income consumer think of lobster I do not think of LJS. How can LJS think that their audience would relate to this?
  • Why would anyone ruin lobster by breading and deep frying it?
  • Isn’t half the point of eating lobster the experience of eating something fancy when you’re in an up-scale position (nice evening out, celebration, etc.)? Grease-drenched crustacean served off disposable plates is not my idea of fancy.
  • I’d think more of the quality of the product if it wasn’t sold for %^#* $2.99. What kind of toxic waste-eating lobster are they serving for just $2.99?!

7 comments:

LisaMarie said...

This sounds like the lobster that eat crap off the bottom of the ocean. I literally mean CRAP. The idea doesn't really appeal to me. Do they make imitation lobster meat? Aren't you the girl who loves imitation crab meat?

Mamma Sarah said...

LOL! I heard this commercial (a while ago) and thought to myself "they did what to what and came up with what?????"

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Yes, they make imitation lobster meat.

You really don't want to know where that lobster has been, even if it IS artificial..........

Dale said...

I was thinking it'd be more like stuffed clams, where it's 99.9% breading and 0.1% clam bits.

Karen said...

yes, i do like imitation crab... but that comes frozen in my grocers' freezer in a pretty, sanitary package!

TreyJ said...

I'd try it once just out of curiosity. But why should only the rich be able to get lobster? This is America - the Bill of Rights practically guarantees lobster for every man, woman and child regardless of background! Or something like that, right?

Viki said...

On the lobster: I'd be very afraid of $2.99 lobster, but maybe it's a good marketing move. It'll make poor people feel rich, and therefore good about themselves, to be able to aford it?

On your lunch: however good your mozzarella was, the stuff here is better. The fresh mozz isn't even as good in Sicily. God, I will miss it!