Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Class Partying

Well, the past two nights I’ve gone out to the bars and it’s such a weird experience for someone who’s not in that scene anymore. Ironically, I was out drinking for class! Monday night my small group for the Capstone class went to Claddagh’s for a strategy session (where we ended up talking about strippers and subsequently named our shoe company Hustlers!) and last night about a dozen of us went to The Pub in Rookwood for celebratory drinks that we got our sales prof booted. We toasted to the new, wonderful professor 3X and sat around and lamented about what a moron the old guy was. One of my classmates even bought our first round since to “make up” for being out of town and not having the chance to write a letter to the dean. Very nice of him! The act of having beer for dinner and feeling of being slightly buzzed is odd for me on many levels as I seldom drink any more.

Our class last night essentially started the semester over for our sales course. All grades are being wiped clean, the Associate Dean came in to personally apologize for the debacle, and our new professor is so far living up to her hype. She’s even given me an idea for an activity my potential business class should I ever go back into teaching. We have 7 weeks of class left and I have no doubt she’ll do all she can to make the best use of them possible.

Capstone practice year 2 starts tonight. So far our team is in first out of 9, but I doubt that many teams have fully gotten the hang of the game yet so that fact doesn’t mean a whole lot. The “real thing” starts next week.

No comments: