Thursday, March 30, 2006

Alaska's comin' together

I used my positive jive this morning and took the time to book our airline tickets for Alaska. It would have been wonderful except every time I choose a flight from the Orbitz page it gave me an error and said that the pricing had changed – $67/ticket more!! This was frustrating because I’d back up, research and the same thing would happen over and over. When I called customer service they weren’t helpful at all.

Finally, 20 minutes after I started the *&^% process, totally different flights popped up as options. I eventually booked one of those that now gives us better flight times (including a direct flight on Delta home – yeah 4500 skymiles each!) but was $100/ticket more than what I had originally found. Eh well… I had a $150 coupon from Orbitz because we book through them so often. Now, with the discounted airfare, separately purchased Seward-Anchorage train transfer tickets (there’s no airport in Seward where we dock at the end of the trip) and a hotel for Friday night we still saved $164 versus going through Royal Caribbean and got really good flight times that we controlled.

I’m content. : )

5 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Hooray for awesome travel deals!

LisaMarie said...

I'm very jealous that you're going on this trip...but I want a baby more. =)

Viki said...

I'm jealous, too, but I have to get a job before I plan any travel...if I end up working for Ravinia, and if I know that soon, maybe I'll go along, too!

Viki said...

I'm jealous, too, but I have to get a job before I plan any travel...if I end up working for Ravinia, and if I know that soon, maybe I'll go along, too!

Karen said...

Viki - i have alaska updates for you that you might like!! we'll chat later this week when things get finalized.