Friday, March 03, 2006

We laughed so hard!

Last night was a very good night. Still happy over my flowers, I eagerly looked forward to my night out with the girls. Jen Johnson was in town for a training, so Kelly, Jessy and I headed out to Margaritas for what else? Margaritas! (OK, to be fair, only 2 of us had margaritas… you can’t expect a pregnant lady to be drinking!) We ended up talking about jobs and houses and grown up things like that over dinner. But, as conversation often does with 4 female friends, we ended up chatting about our escapades in "other" areas of our life. What a riot these women are!

It’s a fun evening when you can laugh along with others’ stories, glories and tribulations, and an chance to reaffirm if you’re “normal” or not. Of course as the conversation turned to me my dear husband comes home from martial arts- timing which made us all erupt in laughter and left him more than a little suspicious of our conversation. He’s a personable guy though and didn’t miss a beat in joining what’s normally conversation reserved for close friends. I think he just wanted a view of what we women do and talk about when men aren’t around. My outgoing friends don’t miss a beat and I think he got more than a little insight of the female mind! Not sure if he’ll be quite so eager to join us next time… Thanks, ladies, for a wonderful evening!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was lots of fun, we need to do it again. I was really surprised Jim stuck around for the conversation as long as he did. Needless to say, Jim and "the girls" all know each other much better now. You are lucky to have him :) (as he is you). Hopefully the glimpse into the female psyche doesn't scare him too much!

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

As a male, I will freely admit the female psyche is a scary thing. Every time I think I have part of it figured out, one of you throw me for a loop.

It must be one of those things in the "Your guide to being female" book that we men aren't allowed to see.

Mamma Sarah said...

LOL! Now I'm jealous I'm not in Cincy! :-P I'm sure Jim has had his fill of the females in your life... with girls weekend and now this. We'd all better be careful otherwise he just might convert (Just kidding) to hanging out with us instead of his guy friends. Love ya Jim!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what guy wants to go have a beer with a buddy when he could be at home with a group of women crying at the last 15 minutes of 'Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants'. Hey.. at least my company would be good looking I guess :)

And, given that Tampax was one of the brands I supported for nearly 2 yrs., I could semi-intelligently discuss the finer points of the feminine menstrual cycle with you.

Sarah said...

Jim, you are a riot! How do you stand yourself!

I'm so jealous that I've missed out on all of the great "girl time". I don't get enough of that!

TreyJ said...

I think girl time is something that men really shouldn't try to understand - it's just too dangerous!