Monday, March 06, 2006

Disney Day 1!

The trip to Orlando was relatively uneventful which is always a good thing. We checked into the Disney Yacht Club in the afternoon and grabbed some lunch at a nearby brewery which was pretty good. There was this loud loud loud girl a few tables away from us who educated us on all of her boyfriends and rude girl friends over the whole meal. It was very obvious that tables close to hers were highly annoyed. It would have been more tolerable if she didn't speak fluent valley girl. :P

The property is really pretty as you would expect from Disney- a pool, lazy river, big room, and 78 degree weather! When we checked in the hostess asked if we had a floor preference. My reply was “if you see there’s a family with little kids in one room, we don’t want to share their wall.” Rude of me – probably. But this morning, as I’m working from the hotel room, I’ve heard CONSTANT whining from bratty, Disney-spoiled children since 8 am. UGH.

Yesterday we bought discount tickets to Epcot and went from 4-9 which was plenty of time for our liking. While we got a FastPass to the new Soarin’ ride we decided that after a big Chinese dinner we didn’t have the energy to walk back to that end of the park and have our stomachs turned. We did however get to see LOTS more stuff than we did a few years back when we came with my company. We hit the GM Test Track, the Ellen DeGeneres Energy moving movie, the Land’s boat tour through the greenhouses of Disney, and the new Space Mission to Mars ride that killed 3 people to date! We also toured several more countries in the World Showcase than we did in ’02.

Jim and I are currently debating whether we went to Animal Kingdom last time wer were here. I strongly contend that we did not and he keeps swearing he remembers being on an animal safari with me and "where else could it have been?" He claims he's now concerned about my long-term memory if I'm "blocking out entire days" of my life. I'm so sure we didn't go there I called Jonathan Wolf to vouch for me (which he did though Jim said that wasn't a valid witness as he wasn't with us).

Jim’s off at training right now and I’m keeping up on my email for work. I had a wonderful night’s sleep so I’ve actually got quite a bit of energy. Too bad this laptop doesn’t have wireless access, I could be working from the pool instead of my room!

7 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

GO TO ANIMAL KINGDOM AND RIDE THE NEW RIDE!!! I can't believe you did the fast pass but didnt' do it!!! It's the greatest! Oh well. Glad to hear you are spending some good quality time. Don't forget to get over to Celebration if you can!

Anonymous said...

I knew I should have given you the company laptop! Then you could be poolside, sippin margaritas and lovin life a little more!

Anonymous said...

Oh and if you go to Animal Kingdom, go in the 3D Antz theater or whatever it is. It's such a neat little show. I went in 03 or 04 and it was hilarious!

LisaMarie said...

Lemme just say, you totally missed out on Soarin'. Kendall and I loved it so much we rode it 5 times in 6 days. We made special trips BACK to the park just to ride it. Furthermore, if you went on a safari, Jim's right, it would have to have been in Animal Kingdom. However, I also think if you'd been there you'd remember, because it SUCKED A$$. Okay, sorry, I hated it. It was crowded and warm and I wanted to vomit the whole time I was there. However, I'm incredibly jealous that you're on vacation and I could almost cry thinking about the fact that I'm stuck here in shitty Ohio.

LisaMarie said...

Please send me a postcard so I can live vicariously through your 8 million vacations this year. Please?

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

If you have time, check out Jelly Roll (I think) on the Boardwalk.

Dueling piano bar, they take requests all night. It's an absolute riot.

Viki said...

Glad you're having a good time - have some margaritas for me, too!