Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Amazing Race

Jim’s office started an Amazing Race pool where co-workers randomly drew names of teams to cheer for and a cash prize at the end ($5 to get in). This office pool has lead Jim and I to adopt our very first primetime TV show we watch together. It’s fun to watch what they do and debate how we’d tackle the challenge. What’s interesting is that like most things Jim and I normally agree on how we’d approach the detores (an activity choice where you have to complete a task to get your next clue to the race) and what roles we’d take if we were in the race – I’d be the navigator/director, he’d be the driver/challenge taker. I’m sure if we were actually on the show (which I doubt would happen because a family from Cincinnati won last year’s show and I doubt they’d let another Cincy team on so quickly just for diversity reasons) I’d be made fun of nationwide for how competitive, bossy and cheap I would be. We’d be sleeping in airports across the world rather than use our sparse allowance for hotels!

Jim drew David and Lori’s name out of the hat. They are the unabashedly “nerdy” couple on the show who are holding their own so far (always middle of the pack). What’s killing them, and what would kill me, is that they are way too out of shape. When you need to rush around looking for a clue in a field they get winded and end up walking while the other teams are dashing around them. They did decide yesterday, to my delight, that they are in it to win now and are not helping other teams. They even LIED on last night’s show. : ) My only complaint so far is the same two teams, both sets of male buddies, keep coming in first place each week, but that can't be helped...

2 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Ok, so this is the only "reality tv" besides the occasional "Idol" we (Danny and I) faithfully watch. The couple Jim picked aren't going to make it simply because of the fact you stated, but we were totally shocked that they LIED and very proud of them in making the decision to work for themselves... you see where teamwork gets people (i.e. The Mom/Daughter and "Pinkies" working together)... LOST and CLUELESS!!!

Dale said...

If you and Jim were on this show, it would be Chipotle every day.