Monday, May 07, 2007

Weekend of 5/5/07

Friday: I woke up feeling like C-R-A-P. My throat was still sore from Thursday evening and it kept me up all night. Talking was painful. Swallowing was painful. The only real positive is that it DID get better as the day progressed and that so many clients/vendors were concerned about me and wished me well. Awwwwww!

After work, Jim, Mike, Lindsay, Ryann and I drove the 3 hour trek to Toledo to watch Little Greg get his college receipt. Long trip, another crappy night of sleep later…

Saturday: We got up early for Greg’s graduation and sat for 3 hours watching the business school file through. I lost to Dad in the dot game (you know, the one that you connect dots to make boxes and the person with the most boxes at the end wins) and I'm ashamed to admit that he won because he was truly more strategic than I at playing. I hate losing, especially when it can’t be blamed on bad luck which so many games are. Anyway, CONGRATS to G-Scott for finishing up at UT and for entering the tax-paying world of work.

When we got home we caught the last hour and a half of Tom/Meghan’s Derby party (great food, great company!) and got to see Dale’s CCO concert. I loved every minute of it. It was fantastic. I would go every weekend if they had a show. Jim appreciated the music but is not a fan of the orchestra so I'm not sure he’ll be joining me much in the future. We did agree that Nicole will be required to play a musical instrument (piano to start probably) as a significant percentage of the smartest people we know have this ability and I do not think it’s a coincidence.

Sunday: Finally, a good night’s sleep!! After working around the house we ran errands to look for a front door (for the new house), buy mom’s mother’s day present, sew bean bags for the cornhole set we’re going to be making/selling, grocery shop, and share a milkshake. Good day all the way around! My "illness" morphed into straight-out allergies and now I'm all conjested, snotty, and sneezy.

I did buy my mother’s day present for myself too: a fancy baby book for Nicole. I won't write anything in it until I confirm in June/July that we don't need a blue one, but here it is!

3 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I hope you are feeling better! I like the book. :)

Congrats Greg!!

Megs said...

That book is adorable! Sounds like you had a pretty okay weekend!

Congrats to Greg! If he doesn't blog about his amazing college life soon I'm going to start buggin him!

Katrin said...

I heard that babies are smarter if they listen to classical music while they are still not born. Might wanna give it a try..?