Tuesday, May 15, 2007

School's out for the summer!

Well, the school year is officially over – I turned in my final grades today. This semester was an interesting one. I wasn’t nervous at all like I sometimes got with my first class – perhaps it’s because I have a semester of experience under my belt or just that I knew my subject (sales) really well. The students were fun and I got a lot of good feedback and suggestions the last night of class. Nearly everyone said they’d take a Sales II class if it was offered. I got some hugs from students as they left and have already received a few emails from folks just since Thursday. I hope some of them keep in touch – even I never did with any of my college profs and that’s probably weird- they were good people.

Comparatively, I liked the 2X/week during the day better than 1/week at night just because I got to know the students better. I also think I gave out too many A’s this semester. I know how to adjust this – no more participation points and no more dropping the lowest quiz score. I would have doubled the amount of B’s had I made those two changes and the grade inflation wouldn’t have been as high.

Hopefully my feedback on the evaluations will be as positive as last semester’s… not sure when I’ll find out…

I don’t start back again until mid-October! A long break to settle into my other life changes (kid, house, etc.) before we start up with the madness again!

Perhaps now it'd be kosher to set Greg-Scott up with some of the girls from the class? They're his age and in his city! And pre-screened for his convenience! ;)

7 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Would you really want one of your former students as a sister-in-law? Just curious, I would always feel wierd in that position.

Yay! for school being over!

Mamma Sarah said...

Jeeze you go from prof to matchmaker. Cute. I'm with Jen I think that would be kinda weird. hopefully you'd hook him up with some of the A students.

Martha said...

wait....you're brother Greg? What happened to Holley, or whatever her name was??????

Dale said...

Alas, you know you're getting old when these college age kids are too young for you... at least too young until maybe 5 years from now.

Out of all the ones I met, I think there was one that I would pick.

Viki said...

I love it - you could start and underground dating service, open only to your friends/siblings/friends' siblings and former students of yours.

Megs said...

What ever happened to me? You gave me that picture list of your first semester of students (they weren't too cute) and that's how I saw Andrea in the class... but I never got one for semester 2 :( Don't I get a hook-up? Haha

And since Greg hasn't commented yet to answer Martha's question... Greg & Holley broke up a month or two ago.

Gtemp said...

Lol thanks for the cover Megan. And yes, let's get back to this thing about your students. I have a very long list of criteria that I'd be happy to send out to you. It's kinda like a test, they must score at least an 80%. Now I'm gonna need to see a class picture or roster or whatever it is that Megan was talking about. Chop chop!!!