Monday, May 21, 2007

Weekend of 5/18/07

Long post, but it’s been a long weekend!!!

Friday: Worked all day which was “fun”. As soon as I got home I got a message from Sarah F saying she was stuck in traffic and to go to the homesite without her, which I did. They had an open house at the brand new model to welcome the 7 families who’ve already bought and to introduce ourselves to our soon-to-be neighbors. I checked out two main things from the model – the color of the ceiling fans (white or brown wood) and what furniture they put in the morning room (as I suspect the table Jim wants will be too small for the room). Then we headed over to our site to do the walk through where we approved the stakes in the ground. It was cool to see things as they’ll be laid out. I have two lot issues- 1) our house is set further back from the road than everyone else’s because of some berm that they’re not even putting in but is registered with the county. The means that our front yard is bigger than our backyard which isn’t my preference but Jim says is fine. 2) the second lot behind us is practically unusable for new construction which leaves the door open to us to purchase it if we want – a move that will give us 1 acre of land though ¼ of it would be woods/unusable. That decision is currently on hold. Ground will be broken in the next two weeks!

When we got home we met Sarah, Lisa and Kendall for dinner which was good (we never have roast beef b/c it’s too hard to make for just 2 people), and played with L & K’s new Wii. Other than my girl friends being too cool to do the bowling approach when they played, it was awesome!! We made little Mii’s (cartoon characters of our likeness) and used our own characters to play the games. It was fantastic! Lisa even made a little midget Nicole with a pink shirt and hat on!

Saturday: We got home at 12:30am from picking up Viki at the airport and went to bed not long after- we had to be up early to go to Mom’s and set up for the shower. What a great time!! So many people came to celebrate, the food was wonderful, the games were fun, the generosity of my friends with their gifts was overwhelming. I seriously have the best friends ever. THANK YOU to Sarah W, Sarah F, Jess, Viki and Mom especially for making my party so spectacular!!

After we left the shower I shuttled Viki, Sarah and myself over to Dale’s for his graduation party. It was funny because so many of our friends overlap and 3 of the girls from the shower were at Dale’s party too- ha! CONGRATS to Dale on his 5 years-in-the-making accomplishment!

We headed to Meijer for a fun shopping trip after the party and got Viki her nightly vanilla Frosty from Wendy’s. We hung out talking until about midnight or so and hit the sack- long day = restful sleep!

Sunday: Sarah left us (boooooooo!) around 10 and Viki and I solved the world’s problems for several hours while Jim studied and got his hair cut. I snuck away to go to Ben’s first birthday party (he’s so cute!) for a few hours. We went back to Meijer for our weekly shopping trip and had marinated chicken, broccoli, and crescent rolls for dinner. We watched Legends of the Fall last night – what a depressing movie! Great acting but man- everyone dies!

It’s a weird feeling to have been up for almost 3.5 hours already! I took Viki to the airport and then got ready and came into work. It'll be an early night I predict!

10 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I'm so glad you had an excellent weekend. I bet it was nice having some of the out of towners who you don't get to see very often. It was nice for me to see them :) I was also very excited to see all of the cute baby clothes etc you got. It made me all smiley!

Anonymous said...

the shower was so much fun!!! you were glowing the entire day!

Megs said...

I can only imagine how nice it was for you to see all your friends, esp from out of town... it was nice for me and I hardly know them!! I had a blast at your shower! Thanks for the invite!

Dale said...

I'm flattered that you put me on your schedule on Saturday! Glad you and the others could make it.

BTW, it took 6 years, not 5 :)

LisaMarie said...

I can't believe you think 6AM is early! LOL! That's my normal time to get up every day! I get to work at the time you're probably getting up...then again, I've been sitting at home for the last hour and you'll be working at least another after I post this....so I guess it all evens out!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know they had Vanilla Frosty's!

Mamma Sarah said...

6am is so not early!!! I'm so glad that you had such a great time on Saturday. :-)

Katrin said...

6 a.m. is way early! Baby showers is something so American, it must have been a great party. What a busy weekend! Any pics?

Viki said...

How did I not post something on this yesterday? I loved hanging out with you guys. :-)

For Dave - yes, they came out with Vanilla Frostys a few months ago. They are now a staple in my house.

Kristin said...

so did you buy any superman underwear at meyer??? :)