Tuesday, May 08, 2007

An update and 3 random thoughts

1) went to the doc this morning and here are the stats: I gained 2 ¾ lbs (perfect!), Nicky’s heartbeat is 150 (right on!) and my blood pressure was 112/68 making pre-eclampsia no longer a concern! Hooray!

2) We were talking about excuses over the weekend and Dad brought up a co-worker’s strategy of always calling off 2 days in a row since it makes the illness look more plausible, especially when your first “sick” day is a day after a weekend. I think that has some merit to it if I ever called off sick….

3) Does anyone other than the person him/herself or their significant other notice someone’s “signature scent”? I have no idea what my perfume/cologne my friends wear. Hell, I don’t even know what Jim wears. I do know what he wants to wear (Armani Black Code).

4) If you had to bring to mind the image of yourself in a photograph, which would it be? The first photo that comes to mind with me in it was was taken at the zoo with Lisa and is displayed on a picture box in her bathroom with her arm around me. I think I recall it because I was genuinely happy in the shot and it shows.

6 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Good for you! Glad you are healthy and so is Nicole!

I know what Toms scent is, and I would recognize it anywhere!!

I think the idea of taking 2 days off in a row does make an illness seem more plausable, but I wouldn't want to waste another day if I wasn't sick, I only get 8 days a year..

The first pic of myself that came to mind was our engagement pics, perhaps because they are so recent and I was genuinely happy??

Megs said...

Congrats on the great appointment! I'm glad that everything is going well!

- Signature scent... I could always recognize my sig. other's scent... I can even recognize a few friends and family... including you. I don't know if I could call them out blindly but when I smell them, it's familiar.

- And I agree with the illness thing... plus... it's nice to have 2 days off instead of just one... but I'm like Jen, I wouldn't wanna waste the days if I wasn't sick.

- My first picture that comes to mind is the picture of just me at Rick's Tavern a week after my 21st. It was the first time in a long time I was truly happy and I think I look really pretty in the picture.

I feel like I just wrote a mini-blog in your oomment box! But when don't I?

Viki said...

I'm glad Nicole and mom are both doing well. :-)

I like the idea of the 2 sick days, but I don't get any at all, so I try not to miss work period.

My first pic is my headshot because I think I look amazing. :-)

LisaMarie said...

AWWWW! That's so sweet! My first picture thought is actually of me with Mike Ellerbrock. Mostly because it's one of the few times I've actually felt pretty in a picture. I hate myself in photos!

I only have one friend that I think has a signature scent. And it's a really different smell that I really like. Other than that, Kendall's the only one I know the smell of...it's Drakkar, deoderant, and sweat all mixed into one. Sounds gross to say sweat, but it actually doesn't make for a bad smell combo. LOL! I guess that's what I married him!

TreyJ said...

I'm not sure about the scent thing, as Viki and I really don't wear that kind of stuff. Because of that, I'm afraid my signature scent probably comes across like a barnyard or a zoo or something.

Katrin said...

Glad to hear that you are doing fine. I smell everyone - my dad, my mom, my brother, my bf, my grandma (a cloud of Chanel # 5). Maybe because I like perfumes - I could detect some on people on the street. The only thing I really hat is patchouli. ;)