Monday, May 14, 2007

Weekend of 5/11/07

Friday: The family met up and went to the Olive Garden for Greg’s graduation celebration. The funniest part of the night came when Mike spilled the beans about Greg’s tattoo, which my parents didn’t know about, over dinner and the whole ball of yarn unraveled quickly. Greg announced Jim is his new official brother and Mike tried to divert attention from Greg and his error by pointing out that Lindsay has a tattoo. She didn’t seem thrilled to be in the limelight either. Quite entertaining!

Saturday: Got up, breakfast, furniture/mattress shopped, got a call from Martha (a pleasant surprise!), bought flowers, got groceries, went to Jim’s boss’s house. Full day, led to sleeping in until 10am on Sunday.

Sunday: I made Jim and I strawberry pancakes for breakfast which was so great. I planted flowers along the front of the house (1 more flat to go!) and we headed to Mary Ann’s for the mother’s day dinner. As my first “unofficial” mother’s day, it was nice but weird to have people wish me a good day. I got a card and a frame from the neighbor across the street, my baby book and a card from Jim (that he signed for him AND Nicole that made me all smiley), and a back massager from my dad. Mom liked the card game and novel we got her and a large number of family ended up playing it at the party through the time we left. Hooray for successful gift-giving!

I am T-I-R-E-D this morning!!!!

7 comments:

Megs said...

I can only imagine dinner on Friday night :) I used to love getting all the boys in trouble! I'm glad that you had a great, first, unofficial mother's day! It is very well deserved for keeping little Nicole so healthy!

Finlands finest said...

I'm glad you had a happy Mothers day. Was Nicole all excited and doing flips for you??

I'm tired this morning too, but that is because Tom kept me up late last night. He finally got me playing a computer game with him. :)

Viki said...

Tony and Mark had a fight with/in front of my mom once during which they ended up revealing a lot about each other. I was not there, but I did get a call later that night from Tony because during the course of argument he'd let out that I had a tattoo (he called to apologize). I was a little sad because I wanted to tell my mom when I got married, but I figured it couldn't hurt me at that point if I was living on my own already...

Viki said...

PS - glad you had a happy mother's day. You count, too. :-)

Martha said...

I agree..it counts as an official mothers day for pregnant women, too!

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend. Glad it was great!

Gtemp said...

Yeah mike is dead to me after that comment! But I must say that I'm shocked that I got very little response from either of them. I was at least expecting a "I'm disappointed" or something...