Wednesday, May 09, 2007

32 Weeks - 8 to go!

How your baby's growing: By now, your baby probably weighs almost 4 pounds and is almost 17 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. She has tiny toenails now, and her fingernails have grown in, too. Some babies have a head of hair already; others have only peach fuzz.

My Take: Two words define my life: Acid Reflux. Y-U-C-K. Sarah and the “old wives” predict this means I’ll have a hairy kid, which I’d like, so if that’s the case it’ll be worth it. Tums are my friend. Lots of Tums. Hint: Dale, buy stock!

Also, over the last two weeks I’ve had a handful of Braxton Hicks contractions which feel weird but I'm grateful my body’s getting “practice” now!

I conned Jim into going to the park with me last night. We walked the trail (about a mile and a half) and watched the geese. He held my hand and then took me for ice cream to put all those hard fought calories back on. He’s the best!

4 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Sounds like everything is going well. Sorry to hear about the acid reflux. Hopefully the wives tales are right and Nicole will come out with enough hair for baby ponytails! That would be super cute!!

I think it is a good stock tip, tums.

Mamma Sarah said...

Awwww... now those are the moments to treasure (especially after Nicole comes).

Megs said...

Glad everything is going well with Nicole! You and Jim are the cutest :)

Viki said...

You guys are cute. :-) I can't wait to see Jim be cute with you...