Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Sleep Deprived and Home Dreaming

This whole week has caught up with me… too much late-night partying made me feel a bit under the weather around dinnertime last night and I sent myself to bed for some rest. Jim and I officially went to bed at 9:45pm last night as we were both afraid that our 10:30am wake-ups all week would screw us up when we had to get up before 7:30am for work. I could not sleep though until 11 and even then it was like I had a plane to catch – I woke up every two hours immediately scared that I’d overslept. Jim apparently did the same thing – he got up 45 minutes early because he couldn’t sleep.

As you can imagine, I'm dragging this morning. And feeling a little green to boot. Bleh.

A word about houses – the area we’re interested in, Blue Meadows, is going to be a Ryan Homes-built neighborhood. We’ve gone through a lot of the floor plans and I’ve made extensive notes on what we’d want to upgrade, etc. As you can imagine, the dream house with all the upgrades I’d like looks to be mucho expensive and out of our $ range. I asked the builder rep for an option sheet so I can scale myself back to reality.

Dave and Rachel mentioned that a house in their neighborhood just went up for sale. I looked for it last night and think I found it. It’s technically listed as “Springdale” rather than Glendale so that threw me off. Jim perked up when I explained the geographic area and I think he’ll want to take a drive sometime soon.

I was also intrigued by a house Lisa and Kendall mentioned on Saturday that a friend of theirs is selling. The good news there is that it’s 6 months out, exactly in line with our preferred time-frame, but I can’t obviously look it up online as it’s not listed yet. This one is in Maderia.

More to come as something happens (which could be months away)…

4 comments:

Viki said...

I guess that was the one plus of working all last week - no problems getting up this morning. Of course, it also meant I was up at 8am yesterday, as that was really sleeping in...

Good luck on the house hunt - I'm happy to come help move as long as it's not the same weekend Kristin's getting married!

Sarah said...

Haha, I've had the opposite problem! All semester I was in this horrible pattern of staying up until 2,3, or 4 am because I never had to be anywhere in the morning. Then I went "home" for break and worked, and had to be up at 6:30 or 7 every morning!

Anonymous said...

yeah, we're definitely springdale. close enough without all the property taxes! not that i know anything about taxes, i'm just throwing it out there.

Anonymous said...

http://www.sibcycline.com/viewlisting.asp?mls=996992&b=CIN&p=RESI&s=SFRD&m=1

Here is the one w/ the nice yard but it looks like it may have a pending sale. The others nearby are also cool.

I'd prefer to never move again but I think I'd move to Glendale for this house:

http://www.sibcycline.com/viewlisting.asp?mls=1035152&b=CIN&p=RESI&s=SFRD&m=1