Tuesday, January 16, 2007

little life updates

I’ve seen LOTS of friends over the past several days. Dave and Rachel had us over on Thursday to talk houses (and treated us to dinner! Thanks again!), we had the shower on Friday, the wedding on Saturday, and I got to have dinner with Sarah F last night before she left town. When I came home from Dayton Jim said that Sean G stopped by unexpectedly to drop of a commercial-free, burned copy of The Apprentice for us (since we missed it to watch 24 on Sunday). How cool is that!? This extended weekend was another reminder that we are really lucky to have genuinely good people in our lives.

Tonight we’re going to have dinner and see a few model homes with the builder rep for Ryan Homes. Mom did some leg work for us at the marble and granite shops and made us aware of even more savings available if we bring in our own countertops. Negotiations will be STRONG with this company if this is the route we go.

I'm also noticing that a LOT of people are getting this stomach flu that’s going around (Lisa, Emily, clients, my morning DJ, etc.). Thank God it hasn’t hit our office!

10 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Seeing friends is always nice...

Viki said...

Glad things are going well, and that you had a nice weekend, albeit a busy one. You're buying the house, and if you want to bring in your own countertops, you should be able to. :-)

Mamma Sarah said...

Tell those people to keep their cooties to themselves... thats the last thing a prego needs... :-)

Glad to hear you have such caring friends.

Can you believe what happened on 24 last night?!?!?!

LisaMarie said...

Dude, I never get to see Sarah F when she's "in town"! Why doesn't she ever call me!

Glad you had a good weekend. Did you get to see the house we were talking about? I know it would be a while before you could buy it, so I totally understand going the building route. And I have no doubt that you will negotiate the crap out of those people and get everything that you want!

Anonymous said...

stomach flu = me. best part of today was when i had to run out of my "alphabet adventure" preschool class to throw up in the little kids' restroom. who knew those little toilets were so close to the floor?

Anonymous said...

I'm going to start eating foods I don't like just incase I get it.
I always end up not being able to eat the last thing I had before throwing up. Granted this was my pre-fiance days as a bachelor but here is my can't eat list:
Cheeseburger Hot Pockets (tastes just like a hot pocket)
Torrengo Chips (off the market I think)
Pepsi twist

Anonymous said...

I also forgot to add Cherry Yum Yum to the list. It is a cake w/ way too many cherries on top. My cousins loved it so my aunt would make it. I haven't had it since one bad Christmas in Vermont when I was about 10.
It is one of the only things I have thrown up through my nose.

Gtemp said...

Well me and mom BOTH did good work on the granite! haha j/k! You just keep that in mind on how much money we saved you when the house sale goes into affect.... ;-)

Martha said...

Dave's reasoning is why I CAN'T eat lasagna (since I was 11). It's now too butyric for me. Or I think it would be if I tried it (many cheese/tomato (acid) combos are to me) Or black bean soup. somehow I still eat clam dip (seriously, nothing in that tasted the same that second time)
Funny, I was just commenting on torrengos and how I hadn't seen them in a while (not that I eat much chips to know)
Hope everyone stays well, or feels better quickly if you're already sick!!!

Anonymous said...

I liked Torrengos because they had a little bit of a fritos after taste