Sunday, January 14, 2007

15 Weeks

How your baby's growing: At around 4 inches long, crown to rump, your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 ounces. He's busy inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid, which will help develop the air sacs in his lungs. His legs are growing longer than his arms now, and he can move all his joints and limbs. That means his hands are more functional, too. Sweat glands are appearing, and although his eyelids are fused shut, he can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, he's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but his taste buds are beginning to form. And if you have an ultrasound, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or girl!

My Take: the headaches are gone and the spots have significantly reduced- both of which I’m quite grateful for!

At the wedding last night (where the reading went fine, thank God) a frequent question was whether or not I missed drinking alcohol. Truth be told – YES. Really the frustration is all about timing versus missing drinking. With so many holiday parties and open-bar weddings I miss the opportunity to kick back with a White Russian, especially when it’s on the house! Going out was the only time I ever really drank, especially with a husband who doesn’t like the taste of nearly any alcohol, so I do miss having a cocktail or two when I’m in the complimentary the social, casual, fun-loving atmosphere. Ah well. It’s all for the greater good.

4 comments:

Martha said...

when is your ultrasound? Are you going to announce to us the gender of your baby?

Dave said...

When is the next round of house hunting?
Can you blog about it as if it were house hunters? I can add some Suzanne Whang commentary.

Mamma Sarah said...

It's all worth it in the end! :-D

You sounded great at the wedding even though the mic wasn't working properly. It was fun spending so much time for you... thanks again for the "tour" of Cincy. :-P

Viki said...

I'm sure I'd miss alcohol, too. We've become way too acustomed to wine with dinner, and even if one of us is by ourselves for the evening we'll have a glass. That and coffee in the morning, but coffee is way more important in terms of being able to function.

After you give birth I will send you the alcohol of your choice - just let me know. :-)