Monday, January 15, 2007

Weekend of 1/12/07

The weekend had a very busy start and ended on a relaxing note.

Friday:
I left work early to go to the rehearsal for Sean and Anne’s wedding. I then left there, sans dinner, to go to Mike and Lindsay’s surprise baby shower. They got some really cute gifts and had a bunch of friends there – I think everyone had a good time. Mike’s friends are good people but I always feel a little out of it with them – he got to be good friends with them when I was away at college, then, when I came back to Cincinnati he was away at college. Then, when he graduated I was living with Jim. So, it seems weird to me that I don’t know most of these people near as well as I “should” for them being such good friends. Maybe I'm making false assumptions that he feels he “knows” my friends....

Saturday: Sean and Anne’s wedding was at 1:30 and I practiced my reading in my computer room for a bit before I left. I thought I sounded pretty good, so I felt confident when I headed out the door. The ceremony was the prettiest (no offence to my other, currently married friends) I’d ever been to. The music was gorgeous (Jeremy Helmes was one of the soloists and several other friends played instruments), the cathedral was magnificent, and the amount of participation from their friends during the ceremony was really great (they had a lot of friends doing a lot of jobs- readings, bringing the gifts up, serving, etc.). Though very long (an hour forty), it was enjoyable until the end.

Sarah was nice and said I did well during my reading. As predicted I got very nervous just before I went up and I thought my voice sounded crackly as a result. At least I didn’t lose my place.

Jim joined for the reception where we talked with a lot of old friends (Katie Hitz, Jen O, Mark J, Cloppert, etc.), I scowled at Mike C’s drinking jests, and we ate good food. A nice, elegant night in general.

Sunday: I was a bum. I watched Dances with Wolves on AMC, read, and did some laundry. I bowled okay (95-135-137) which helped us win ¾ games for the league. We watched 24 on TV but missed the Apprentice as a result. Sean and Jess TIVO’d I though so we’ll catch up on it with them soon.
Happy Birthday, Mom!!

3 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

I'm glad we got some quality hanging out time while at the wedding. It was a long wedding, but I too enjoyed it til the end!

Finlands finest said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

Megs said...

sounds like u had a good weekend! good job on the reading! & happy bday mom too!!