Monday, January 08, 2007

Weekend of 1/5/07

Another busy weekend and another spiteful Monday morning.

Friday night Jim and I and all the grandkids went to Grandma and Grandpa W’s for dinner. Grandma claims that she’s not a good cook anymore so she got KFC chicken and made all the side dishes. No one complained though we don’t agree with her reasoning. Greg is an amazing eater. That kid puts tons of food away and remains so skinny at like 160lbs or something on a 6’2” frame. It’s nuts.

Saturday we ran some errands and then headed up to Spencerville for Jim’s family’s Christmas. SO nice that they don’t celebrate holidays on the specific holiday- makes coordinating my family’s festivities so much easier. We got this decorative solar light that Rusty and Diane made us and of all things they decorated it with DUCKS. ; )

I got the joy of driving home in the POURING down rain on Sunday. We did some stuff around the house (took down the Christmas tree, etc.), I started and finished my ER book where Jim and I are the main characters (it certainly lived up to its claim of being a “prescription for passion”), and we went to NKY to watch The Apprentice. Jim’s got a buddy who’s a contestant in the show this year, Surya, so we were lucky to nab an invite from him and get some inside scoop about the really reallys as we watched the first show together. Quite entertaining.

Lastly, I'm having some annoying issues with headaches and floaters (seeing “spots”). Apparently the black, transparent spots I'm seeing are really shadows created by parts of my retina detaching. According to my optometrist the spots are hormone-induced and should go away post-July. Like my headaches, these have turned into “every day all day” types of visitors. This morning I literally waved my hand in front of my face trying to get the dots to move out of my line of site. Obviously didn’t work.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Hormones make your retinas detach? Who knew!?!?!

Mamma Sarah said...

I'm with Sarah.... holy cow. I'm glad that I didn't have anything like that happen. Guess each prego experience is different! :-D

LisaMarie said...

OMG! I would be freaking out! The whole idea of my retinas detaching is way too scarey!

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

I think someone's been slipping hallucinogens into your water again, that's what I think ;)


Or maybe it's your nighttime job of costume clad super crime fighter that's causing those spots. One too many blows to the head perhaps?



(In all seriousness, that sucks. That's one I've never heard of either....)

Viki said...

Sorry to hear about your spots - I hope this doesn't get too bad for too long...

Martha said...

I want to see you waving your hand in front of your face trying to wave the "spots" away. And I think I'm glad Tom has never experienced this before, considering they're hormone/pregnancy induced......

I hope things improve!!!

Martha said...

I FORGOT TO MENTION: I LIKE the ducks!!! I'm a fan of them, I know y'all aren't. But I think they're great! I'd love to have a duck room. hmm. & a moose room & an "international/where I've visited" room. I need to get out and get a job to afford a place with a plethora of rooms!

Gtemp said...

If you're not a hungry man, don't try to take on the hungry man's meal...

Jessica said...

aaaa....Martha said "plethora"! :)

Mamma Sarah said...

Well, at least Karen knows who she can send the artwork to so that it doesn't go to a thrift store to be sold for pennies. :-P

Super Hero? Are you keeping something from us? How could would that be?!?