Monday, January 22, 2007

Weekend of 1/19/07

I feel like I do a lot on the weekends but it’s all repetitive from weekends before… On Friday night Mom, Dad, Mike & Linds came over for dinner (Italian) and a movie. Low-key but a good time. I gave Mom her birthday present (gift certificate to the spa) and told her she needs to try something new (ie a facial) and not just get a haircut with it. Somehow I'm doubtful that’ll happen. : )

Saturday was B-U-S-Y. We got up and met the builder rep at the home-sites and confirmed what she said – Lot #2 will NOT work in any way, shape or form. There’s a big hill that would leave for no backyard and in general it’s just not as great as it looks on paper. We did find 2 other lots that we liked though so all’s not lost. Of course both are $10,000 more than the one we picked… *eye roll* We thoroughly toured the Courtland model again and while it’s no Avalon, it is $35,000 less. I took a bunch of pictures of the model home and I think that this is the direction we’re leaning.

All this home stuff made me 15 minutes late to meet the girls who were waiting patiently for me in my living room when I got home. We headed to the Playhouse to see A Catholic Girl’s Guide To Losing Your Virginity (putting in the full title will probably put me back on the naughty list for Dave’s commenting ability! Grrr) which was an hour fifteen and quite funny. As you can imagine, there were some very good one-liners which I’ll refrain from posting here so Dave doesn’t get totally blocked from seeing this blog. We dined at Buca di Beppo and had a marvelous time in general.

Sunday snowed like CRAZY (first of the year) and made Sarah unable to come down to Cincy to go baby registering (I have a shower on 2/18 with Lindsay so I have to do this early). I had to get some stuff in because the invites are out, so Mom and Lindsay and I went for a little bit sans Sarah (booooo!). What a frickin’ confusing process! Especially when you don’t know what you’re having yet! There are so many choices and they are all SO expensive! I got some basics in but left a lot of the major stuff TBA until I get some mom advice from friends.

Jim and I wrapped up the weekend by some grocery shopping, dinner, and Apprentice watching. Nice wind-down to the weekend!

8 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Stupid ODOT! I could have made it, if I wanted to drive 30mph on one lane of highway.... with no cell phone... um no. :-( Can you say that I was majorly disappointed?!?!?!

Martha said...

I want to know more about the theatre!! I would REALLY appreicate any one-liners, I'm sure...

Martha said...

appreciate. darn type. not appreicate.

Martha said...

I can't read Jenny's blog. Is anyone else having an issue? Apparently she hasn't "invited" me to read it? Do I need to take the hint.....?

Karen said...

Jen hasn't invited anyone to read -she's apparently not blogging anymore.

One of the one-liners was from a guy who the main character was making out with and he was pressuring her a bit. When she firmly said "no" he responded "can't i just stick it in a little?" LOL!

LisaMarie said...

Seriously, what was up with the freaking highway! Stupid southern ohio ODOT! Cleveland would have had it cleared before it even hit the road! LOL!

BOO on lot 2 not working! Boo to more money for other lots! Yeah to building a house!

Viki said...

Sounds like my kind of play - I loved "The Vagina Monologues"

I hope that the house stuff ends up the way you want it do, and the way that's best for you and the family, whatever that is.

Your shower's on my birthday!

Martha said...

if you stick it in a little, it doesn't REALLY count, does it? seriously. check out the book: Catholic Girls Guide to Sex. I think you'll really appreciate it.