Friday, January 19, 2007

First Day at School

It was a good day at school yesterday. We didn’t accomplish ½ of what I wanted to in my class tonight (only got through introductions and 1 role play, no chapters) but they were a chatty, friendly group that laughed at my jokes; all of which made me happy. I have to cram last night's text material in to the next 5 weeks which will make things tight, but I think that what we did accomplish tonight was worth the extra time.

My evaluations from last semester were great!

  • My lowest score out of 25 evaluations (1-5 scale) was a 4.375 on “contrasts theories” which is fine because I don’t know how I ever contrasted any theories other than my own vs. the text!
  • My highest grade was a 5.0 on “Easy to understand”.
  • My overall “grade” was a 4.92 (23 “Extremely Effective”s and 2 “Very Effective”s) and the average of all categories was a 4.78.
  • All the comments on the back were fantastic as well – I hope someone at a dean level reads them.

I’m thrilled! Makes me more encouraged to ask for a raise next year.

9 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Glad to hear they love you.

Viki said...

*applauding*

Gtemp said...

That is very good to hear. So my question to you is what was the class average??

Sarah said...

That's fabulous! You should get a job teaching at Akron so I can take your classes!

Anonymous said...

I am back! They are letting me in again. I don't know what the problem was the last 2 weeks, but GE said I was trying to access an "Adult" web sight every time I tried to write you a comment. Go figure. Maybe it knows you are "with child", and the filter didn't know the difference.
Anyway, it appears you may have updated something in you blog to allow me in so I just thought I would write. (Professor: I like how that sounds with you. You look like a professor to me) Did you get any chance to listen to the Christmas CD. Just wanted to make sure it recorded and tracked OK. Let me know.

Mamma Sarah said...

You rock!

Martha said...

congratulations, but one thing caught my eye...."role playing". What sort of *business* course IS THIS??

Viki said...

Lol at Martha!

LisaMarie said...

That rocks! My question is, how many of those kids got A's? If they didn't all get a great grade and they still thought you were good, that makes it even better! Because those are the "kids" who really must have enjoyed you.

Not to say that you'd just give away A's. You strike me as the tough grader type....