Monday, January 29, 2007

Weekend of 1/26/07

This weekend was another good one. We went to Outback with Jessy and Sean on Friday night. I FINALLY got the hang of their dice game (Can’t Stop I think it’s called) and won a match of it. We also played 24 the boardgame which was challenging from a frustration level, though engaging because it was quite different than any other DVD game I’ve played. Good time in general, but it always is with them.

Saturday afternoon we took mom and dad to go see the Avalon model in Lebanon. We made some significant changes to the design based on what we saw under closer inspection and these changes will ultimately save us another $5K or so. I asked for a final quote and then we start the negotiation process. Good news – we’re willing to walk if they don’t get where we want price-wise. Bad news – we’ve invested a lot of time into this and would have to start all over.

Saturday night we went to Rachel’s Sweet 26-teen party. I got to watch Guitar Hero for the first time. What a riot. I have a true appreciation for anyone who can be coordinated with BOTH hands at the same time. Amazing. Way out of my league.

Sunday we ran errands, watched Rocky Balboa (B) at the cheap theatre, and went bowling. Dave scored a 257 in his final game (wa-hoo!) and we won ¾ for the night!

The morning was rough as I was up a lot through the night – dreams, thirst, dry eyes, you name it. Ah well… work week starts again!

3 comments:

Dave said...

I saw you today at about 5:30pm pulling into a place while I was driving out.
I can't say where we were yet, since I was doing some shopping for Rachel's birthday tomorrow.

Viki said...

A sweet-26-teen party sounds fun. :-) I guess she missed out on the sweet 16 party? My mom threw me one of those and I still have great memories...

I'm scared of the Rocky movie, btw.

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Man, I'm out of the loop... here it is Wednesday and just now commenting! Sorry. :-(