Thursday, February 09, 2006

Wisdom Teeth Fear

OK, I’m starting to freak out a little. I had all but forgotten that I’m having my wisdom teeth out tomorrow morning when it dawned on me at lunch today. Everyone keeps saying it’s not going to be a big deal and I’m trying hard to believe them (and I do mostly) but I’m still scared of 1) the Novocain 2) the possibility of dry socket (which I hear is horrible pain) and 3) hearing the tooth cracked out of my jaw. UGH.

I’ll post tomorrow if I’m up for it… I’ll be home all day…

6 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

You'll do fine. Just enjoy the drugs they give you, make jello ahead of time, sleep lots, and make Jim baby you. Oh... have a bottle of water in the car for the ride home... even though you have cotton in your mouth. Oh... and don't talk, SLEEP.

LisaMarie said...

Dude, I won't even tell you what happened when I had mine out. *shudder* Did that freak you out more??? *grin*

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

You'll be just fine. And if you need anything, just call (or text or email even better since you don't have to talk) and mumble something and I'll be there.

Anonymous said...

Have Jim get some straws for you for the next day or so... that way you won't have to "worry" about getting hot/cold - food/beverage on the area.

Ask for a liquid form of the pain killer (it’s easier) and rest.

You will be fine. If a dentist wimp like me can get through it you definitely can!

Viki said...

You poor thing. I was so afraid that I asked to be knocked out. It cost a fortune to go under anesthesia, but it was so worth it...

TreyJ said...

I'm a real wimp when it comes to the dentist, too. Especially since Navy dentists are famous for wanting to pull teeth. It seems like half of my division in boot camp had their wisdom teeth pulled. I'm sure you'll be fine :-)