Monday, February 20, 2006

Weekend of 2/17

Friday night J & I headed over to the Wolf’s for Jonathan’s 18th birthday party. True to my word, Tom and I did shots of tequila when I got there. Made me warm inside and did help take the edge off… Party was good; low key as I was with my family.

Saturday night we had dinner at the Olive Garden with the Polley’s for David’s 50th birthday party. Carole brought us favors – wolly willy’s (remember those things where you use the magnet to put the “hair” on the bald guy?) and little bowling sets where you use marbles to knock tiny pins down. We played UNO for about 2 hours when we came home – a new game for me believe it or not. I could not seem to get the hang of saying "UNO" when I had one card left and Jim was nearly beside himself each time I got called and penalized for it.

Sunday Mom and I went to see Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat which was fantastic. Very entertaining and energetic. We followed that up with an afternoon/evening over at the ‘rents where we played Jeopardy! and Mexican Train Domino’s. We had 8 people at dinner as each of us kids had our significant others present. How times change!!

This morning was rough coming to work as I saw Jim all warm and snuggly still sleeping in bed (P&G gives their employees President’s Day off). While nothing too exciting, it was a relaxing weekend. Hopefully the week will be less stressful…

2 comments:

LisaMarie said...

I just want to say...that I brought Mexican Train Dominos into Karen's life and it doesn't please me more than to hear that you're taking it to you family!

Karen said...

and they are all addicted. My parents have it, my grandparents now own it, my uncle bought it and now my cousin's girlfriend got it for valentine's day. AUGH! Can't get enough mexican!