Thursday, February 16, 2006

Top 5

I discovered on the way to class on Tuesday that a local station, 94.1, has “Top 5 at 5”. This little half hour program plays the top 5 favorite songs from one of the listeners who wrote in to the station. It’s pretty interesting to listen to what people like and the variety of their choices. Got me thinking about what I’d write in for my personal selections.

Below are Karen’s Top 5 Songs + a few extras (they’re links should you want to check out the lyrics):
Sway, Bic Runga
Come Away with Me, Norah Jones
Die Without You, PM Dawn
Under the Bridge, Red Hot Chili Peppers
Fast Cars & Freedom, Rascal Flatts

Honorable Mention:
Love of a Lifetime, Firehouse

Quirky Song I Can’t Get out of my Head:
Escape (The Pina Colada Song), Rupert Holmes

Also, for the record, perhaps my all-time favorite song is O Holy Night, which is of course a Christmas song and can’t be played in February on the radio.

8 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

What do you mean Christmas songs can't be played in February... are there cops out there that fine you for doing so? That's why MIXX 107.7 here has "The Whatever Weekend" where they play everything under the sun.

Dale said...

Wow Karen, this blog stuff is fun...

My favorite Oh Holy Night song is the one from South Park, where Cartman has to sing it and everytime he screws up he's shocked with a cattle prod.

TreyJ said...

Great post - and I actually know two of your top five, which is pretty amazing for me! I'm afraid if I listed mine everyone would just scratch their heads and say "huh?" But that's if I could actually whittle it down to five.

Viki said...

Ha! I love what others have written. In response to Dale, my favorite South Park song is Kenny's version of the Queen of the Night aria in the episode where he's doing the "Learn how to sing with Andrea Bocelli" CDs.

I also always think it's cute that Trey's so out of the mainstream with pop music...I try to stay a little more on top of things so we're not both too dorky. :-)

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

I'm in the same boat with Trey. I'm pretty sure no one would know mine, except perhaps Karen because I force music on her sometimes.

I detest mainstream music for the most part, and I fear I've become somewhat of a music snob.

Karen said...

Tom, you are a music snob! Need evidence: the very first blog post you ever wrote!!!

Anonymous said...

My comment has nothing to do with this blog entry... but I'm anticipating the next entry. I can only imagine...

Dale said...

Huh... I don't know the Andrea Bocelli episode. Which episode was that?