Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Gatlinburg

Coming back to work was hectic yesterday, but tons more manageable than the entire month of January or February has been up to this point. Some recap from the weekend in Gatlinburg with the Helmick’s, Ellerbrock’s, Jeanmougin’s, S. Murphy and A. Marquette:
  • Of course the Brett situation (read below) that ultimately was resolved yesterday. I explained to him my frustration at no decision, he admitted he didn’t want me to leave b/c of a big deal we have pending but didn’t want to be a jerk and not let me go. I agreed to give him 2 weeks notice of vacation in the future, he agreed to drop the subject.
  • Jim and I stopped at the only respectable place to eat when in TN: Cracker Barrel. Surprisingly good food and the start of those glorious southern accents
  • Day 1: Go-Karting (2 times), putter golf (I won!), and some shopping on the strip, enjoying the 55 degree weather. J & I agreed that the best part of the day was lunch – while the food was lousy the feeling of freedom that came with being out of Ohio and away from work on a Friday was fabulous
  • Day 2: the antithesis of the day before weather-wise, we bundled up and braved the elements to go outlet mall shopping. Found a good deal on pants at TH, Christmas cards at the Paper Factory and a Christmas ornament at the Christmas Castle. Game night ensued where the men and women split in winning. J went hottubbing with all the ladies, I enjoyed a good book by the fire
  • The drive home was horrendous. We were making great time until we hit the jack-knifed semi that blocked I75 for an hour and 20 minutes. We didn’t arrive home for our Super Bowl party until 5:10 – cutting it very close!

All in all the trip was just the detox I needed from all the stress I’d been penning up. Oh, and that deal Brett was worried we’d lose- we did. And I’m not disappointed at all!

5 comments:

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

How utterly un-sensational. Here I was hoping for some big nuclear blow-up with Brett, and it turned into his usual backing down and forgetting about it.

Mamma Sarah said...

LOL at the above comment. Glad to hear that things resolved peacefully though and the weekend was a good relaxing one. I can't wait for that same time with the hubby this weekend.

LisaMarie said...

I'm never going on vacation. Babies cost too much money....and we don't even have one yet! OYE!

Viki said...

The time is at hand when I will be ready to give my left arm to eat at a Cracker Barrel...

Karen said...

Viki, are you freaking kidding!? you want to eat at Cracker Barrel!?