Saturday, February 11, 2006

Wisdom Teeth Day 2

Before I went to bed last night I got out a flashlight and tried to open my mouth as far as I could to take a look at the “damage”. My doctor must be a-frickin’-mazing or my immune system is because my bottom hole is almost closed up already! I can’t get a good look at my top one, but I can sense that it’s much more open than its counterpart. 1/2 ain't bad.

So far I’ve eaten: yogurt smoothie, chicken with O-noodles, and swirled up ice cream (mmm!). I’m going to try out some blueberry muffins this morning and see how it goes.

I’ve also been trying to proactively take Aleve to keep the pain away. I have some dull pain, very manageable, but I don’t want to know what it would be without medication. I’m remembering conversations with Dr. Kendall where he said taking more than the recommended dosage on the bottle is OK… I’m trying to keep middle ground between his advice and Aleve’s (I took 4 in a 24 hour period).

Worst thing about this so far – I can’t thoroughly brush my teeth! yuck!

3 comments:

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

I'm glad everything turned out well. Yes, the brushing teeth part sucks, forgot to warn you about that.

TreyJ said...

Glad to hear it isn't as bad as you thought. Best of luck with the muffins!

Mamma Sarah said...

Glad to hear things are going well and you aren't in too much pain except an ache. :-) What? No jello????