Wednesday, February 08, 2006

New 'Do

Monday night I got my hair cut about 5” up to my shoulders. Jim’s reaction was “surprisingly, I think it looks good on you. But I like long hair in general and you have to grow it out for the next 3 years.” It’s pretty cute, a change from the last 3 years where my hair length has been down to the middle of my shoulder blades. Jim suggested last night that I style my hair “that flippy way Lisa does”- I was shocked that he a) had a hair styling suggestion for me and b) he's noticed other womens' hair?! I thought guys didn't pay attention to anything other than T & A on a woman...

Mom came over last night, liked the cut and reiterated for the 68th time that she and Grandma prefer my hair blonde. Right after she left I dyed it the darkest it’s ever been- kind of a reddish brown that I’m not totally sure is flattering to my skin tone. Jim, who likes brunette women in general, was very supportive of the new shade.

This is still somewhat peculiar to me- I’ve been blonde for all of my 24 previous years and now, just in the last year and a half, I’ve tried 4 new colors and 3 new cuts. Wasn’t I supposed to get this kind of thing out of my system in college? Ah well. Only concern now is that when I want to go blonde again it’ll turn orange from all the darker and red-based colors I have been using….

6 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Jeeze girl. Can't you make up you mind??? Just kidding. We all go through those phases of wanting to change or experiment. It's that "what if" factor in our lives. I would wait a while on changing back to blonde... let the hair relax a little. You should take a pic and post it on here... :-D

LisaMarie said...

I agree, I want a picture! And I'm flattered that Jim would suggest my hairstyle of all those available. However, I don't style my hair that way anymore! Now it's straight and shaggy. So feel free to steal the style...I think my new look is more face flattering for me. Brown, eh? I've been loving DARK brown on my hair. Are you trying to be more like me??????? =P

Viki said...

I'm thirding the picture. I definitely understand the need for change, though. All of you will be surprized to hear that my hair's not black anymore. After about 8 years I decided that was enough. Of course, now that I went through a getting-the-black-removed treatment, it's a few different shades of red...

Karen said...

problem is that this template won't allow for pictures to post... perhaps that means i need to change to one that does. A pic would be good since i dont' get to see you all that often!

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Well, as someone that sees Karen on a regular basis, I can tell you that it looks fabulous as always.

From a guy perspective, I will say this: I love long hair. Absolutely the biggest turn on for me there is.

And why does it seem that as soon as a woman gets married, she cuts her hair short? I don't know any of my guy friends that prefer short hair over long. However, I also know absolutely none of my women friends that DIDN'T get their hair cut within 1 year of being married. Is that part of the handbook for marriage that's only shown to women?

LisaMarie said...

Actually, my husband likes my hair shorter than longer. While he thinks long hair can be sexy, he recognizes that on his wife, it just looks dumb. And yes, it's in the manual labled, "How to Drive Your Husband to an Early Grave"! :D