Monday, April 02, 2007

Weekend of 3/30/07

Friday: After work Jim and I went to my parents for dinner with Mike, Lindsay, Ryann, and my grandparents (mom’s parents). What a shocker, Ryann stole the show. She’s such a good kid. We all took turns holding her, I got to feed her, and she showed her eyes to the family for the first time (that they’d seen, not ever). Probably the funniest moment was when Jim held her for about 4 minutes and got so hot from “body heat” that he had to take off his work shirt to cool down.

Saturday: I made the 4 hour trek up to bigger-than-I-thought-it-was Akron to see Ms. Sarah Ford. She’s got a cute house that she accurately compared to 1320 Brown and her roommate is funny. They yell at each other when they come home and they bicker at each other like old married people (“when I told you the dishwasher was clean that was supposed to be your clue to empty it.”). Too funny! Sarah has slimmed down more and looks fabulous! We went shopping, saw Ella at the Cleveland Playhouse, ate cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory, and went to sleep.

Sunday: Sarah made me pancakes for breakfast just like old times! After showers we headed up to the Outlet Malls to look for a dress for her and her brother’s wedding. We did find several cute ones and I think she’s going to get a brown and teal one this week. I was excited to buy a butter contraption for corn-on-the cob and proudly showed it to Jim when I got home only to have him pull out the one I bought last year from the outlet malls. Oh well. Miss Nicole must really find Akron peaceful – she slept the entire weekend and didn’t want to wiggle at all for Sarah. :(

Jim had a busy weekend while I was gone but I think he was happy to see me. He let me lay in his lap and he played with my hair while we watched Planet Earth Sunday evening. He’s great.

4 comments:

Viki said...

I'm jealous that you got to see Sarah Ford this weekend. Glad you guys had a good time, though. :-)

Megs said...

I’ve only been to Akron once but I have to say that I loved it!! It is such a college town… as in, I couldn’t imagine living there my entire life but it’s definitely something to experience. Glad you and Sarah got to catch up though... that's always good! You and Jim sound adorable… I wish Stephanie would play with my hair after I return home from a long trip :(

Gtemp said...

lol you are weird...

Mamma Sarah said...

You thought Akron was small??? Jeeze... it's where the Goodyear Blimp lives! How can a home like that be small??? LOL.

Glad you had a good time. I can't believe you didn't post a pic. :-(