Monday, April 09, 2007

Weekend of 4/5/07

Friday: Hooray for a ½ day at work!! Jim and I took the open afternoon (thanks to Good Friday observance) to visit Jess/Sean’s babysitter. She was WONDERFUL and so convenient to 2 of the tech centers Jim may work at. It’s nice knowing we have a viable option we're both comfortable with experience, cost, and environment-wise there and waiting for us come September.

Normally known for our packed social schedules, I do try to keep a few nights open for just Jim and I. Sometimes though, like after an entire Friday afternoon when we’re together all day, we miss the company. So, we conned Jen and Tom into meeting us at Dave & Busters for some tabletop shuffleboard which proved MUCH harder than it looks. We grabbed some Graeters afterwards (it’s been MONTHS since I’ve had it!) and called it an early, but fun, night.

Saturday: I got up way too frickin’ early for a weekend morning and dragged myself, my pillow, and my new book, over to Mercy for my glucose test. I'm not sure how the other people there thought they’d be entertained, no one else brought anything else to do so they all sat there in these uncomfortable chairs reading year-old magazines while I enjoyed my thriller. Anyway, the test wasn’t near as bad as I thought, and with an engrossing book to return to as a reward for the blood sample, I didn't mind the 3 hours at all.

After the test Jim and I drove around looking for baby cribs and found one that we really like at Treehouse Kids. It’s pretty expensive but it’s one of those convertible cribs (that turns into a daybed and then a full-sized bed) so we figure 18 years of use will make it worth the investment. Jess and Sean met us for cards and bowling that night. I won ½ bowling games and 0/2 Shanghai games but enjoyed the company. :)

Sunday: we headed to church, went grocery shopping, had dinner at Grandma’s, got my butt kicked in the Euchre tournament. Ryann was adorable. Mike asked me if I was ready for “all this” indicating the baby and looking at how sweet she is and how she looked up at Mike while she ate, I did feel ready. That sentiment mostly continues today! ; )

5 comments:

Megs said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! And I’m glad the glucose test wasn’t too bad. I think I would have gone stir crazy sitting there for 3 hours doing nothing. Couldn’t you have gone to sleep or something?

The crib sounds awesome… do you have pictures?

Viki said...

That is a gorgeous crib, and what bang for your buck that it converts the way it does.

Glad you guys had a good weekend, too...

Finlands finest said...

I'm glad you made it through the glucose test okay.

Thanks so much for being spontaneous with Tom and I on friday. It was a great time!!!

Mamma Sarah said...

Glad your test is over and you didn't have any adverse reactions from it.

Pretty funny about your crib. That was the one Danny and I were set on too. :-) Then we found the cheaper ($200 less) option... :-) Hooray for picking one out!!!

How are you feeling lately?

Anonymous said...

I wish I was at the crib stage. You know people always tell you what you are getting into and "they" said one day you'll wake up and she won't be your daughter...an alien will have replaced her.

I used to laugh at that thinking ya right. But it happened and it WAS over night!

Cherish every moment when she is little! It goes by too fast.

Carol