Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend of 4/20/07

Finally, some good, sunny, 70’s weather!!!!!

Friday: Jen and Josh O came down to have dinner and game night with us. They brought three different games down that we haven’t played before and though I never won, it was fun to try something new.

Saturday: We worked around the house some, taking advantage of the sunshine and I started to really swell up. This concerned me because it’s amajor symptom of pre-eclampsia which they’re watching me for BUT it’s also just a normal pregnancy side-effect. How’s a non-medical person like me supposed to know if I should get freaked out or not?! It got so bad after our 2 hour furniture shopping expedition that I couldn’t get my rings off and my shoes were tight.
Jamie had me sit down and relax when we got to their house for dinner. She’s an expert at this as she was bed-ridden for 6 months with Ryan. Taking it easy did the trick and I depuffed back down to normal size in about a half hour.

Dinner there was great! We were so chatty we didn’t even play cards like normal. Ryan was especially cute as he took to me more quickly than normal and spent a notable amount of time playing with me and sitting on my lap. Awwwwww!

Sunday: More yard work, grading lots of papers, and furniture shopping. We found a bedroom suite, dining room table, china hutch and office desk we (jim especially) really like as well as a potential kitchen table. We’re going to be some furniture salesperson’s best friend when this is all over.

At the bowling banquet I got $4 for the 2nd high handicap game (249) and $49/ea for our 5/15 place finish for the season. We dined with the Polleyes afterwards and watched Planet Earth and The Apprentice season finale where our friend Surya didn’t win.

I had some wacky dreams last night that made perfect sense when I dreamt them but now seem too odd for interpretation.

10 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I too am happy about the nice sunny weather.

What new games did Jen and Josh bring? I am curious as to what is out there that you HAVEN"T played!!!

Viki said...

Glad you were doing better again after sitting down for a little while. How are you feeling otherwise? We're always concered about you here in Chicago...

Ditto on the games thing - Trey and I really need to get some games...

Gtemp said...

that sounds like a constructive weekend. glad things are going well and you are keeping off your feet a lot. Can't wait to start the belly rubs back up in under 2 weeks... ;-)

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Sounds like you need to be taking it a little bit easier than you have been. Hopefully it's not what you think it is and it's just normal preog stuff... keeping my fingers crossed!

Jessica said...

Swelling in pregnancy is very normal, especially when you have been on your feet walking, or even just stuck sitting at a desk. It will normally subside after 1/2 to 1 hour of relaxation with your feet elevated. If you do not see any improvement after 2 hours with your feet propped up, or your vision goes blurry at the same time, then you can worry :) I was required by the doc to put my feet up for at least 2 hours every night (oh darn ;)
Sounds like a fun, busy weekend. Any furniture pics?

Megs said...

Yeah where's these furniture pics at?? I can't believe you, knowing how obsessed I am with houses and everything in them, didn't send me pics immediately!

And I also want to know about these board games... I want to invest in a few games but am having a hard time deciding on which would be best for big groups vs. small groups. Hence the fact that I only have Rummikub, Dominos, Life, Scrabble, Yatzee and Scattergories.

Karen said...

Apples to Apples was one of the games we played that Jim liked especially. What was good about it was that you can have an odd nubmer of people playing so you don't need to worry about how many folks want to get involved.

The other two were card games - one was called Fluxx and the other was called Quiddler. Both good and both have the same flexibility as Apples to Apples but weren't as fun as AtoA.

LisaMarie said...

We liked Apples to Apples too! Tried it for the first time at a game night last month.

I love furniture shopping! We want to get a new dining room set, a new bedroom set, and a kitchen table, oh and a desk. LOL! Let me know what you found so we can just look at your choices first and make sure not to pick the same things. Haha. We're thinking of going to Arhaus for our dining set. They sand their tables like 30 times before you get it. They're AMAZINGLY soft.

Anonymous said...

Apples to Apples sounds like the adult version of Hi Ho Cherry-O

Martha said...

Hahaha! I thought the same thing as Dave!
I need a set of games, too. oh wait. FIRST I need a group of friends who AREN'T moving away....