Monday, April 09, 2007

BCW Food Review

Megan, Amanda and I went to Skyline for lunch today where I tried the new Buffalo Chicken Wrap they’re offering. For you Cincinnatians and Daytonians, here’s your official food review.

The wrap is large, definitely a 2-hander. It’s got a tomato flour tortilla shell that is soft but not wrapped near tight-enough around the filling, practically requiring you to re-wrap it if you don’t want it to be loose or items to fall out. There is a good balance of lettuce, cheese, tomato, chicken and BBQ sauce, but not enough ranch in my opinion (the bottom 1/8 where gravity pulled all the BBQ sauce too was a bit warm on the tongue in such disproportionate quantities). Like Chipotle they had the issue of all the X (ie lettuce) being on the left side and all the Y (ie chicken) being on the right which meant that your bites didn’t have an even blend of ingredients/flavors.

Overall, it was close enough worth the $5.69 it cost since it did fill me up. The BW3’s Buffalo Chicken Ranch Wraps are notably better for the same price but are 2/3 as big and come with chips & salsa. I’d get them again but definitely open it up, remix the ingredients, and re-wrap myself.

3 comments:

Megs said...

Advice... since I'm an expert Skyline wrapper... make sure you unwrap it while it's still warm (careful of tearing) and rewrap it quickly. Once the wrap cools down, the wrap won't stick to itself anymore and it will be extra hard to keep closed.

Finlands finest said...

I always wondered if I should rewrap my chipolte burrito and if other people did that. Now that I know I won't be the only one, I may start. :)

Viki said...

I want Skyline here, at least every once in a while. *sigh*