Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekend of 4/13/07

This weekend we went “back home” to Spencerville for Jim’s family’s Easter. Friday night and Saturday day were filled with visiting folks around town, nothing too out of the ordinary. I tried a Chuffers pizza sub which burned the roof of my mouth to the point of blistering and was still an irritation for me when I ate my Chex this morning. It’s amazing how burning my mouth made me realize how much favor that one side for chewing – geez! I just kept rescraping the healing that had taken place over and over.

The actual Easter part of the trip was nice. We were missing 2 of Jim’s cousins who were out for various medical reasons though some suspected that there were other causes that kept them away. Noah, the 9 week old of Rich (Jim’s cousin) has gotten much plumper since the last time we saw him – the kid has no neck! It also snowed a ridiculous amount while we were there (yes, we got snow on Easter but not Christmas)- about 3.5 inches in total. BLAH.

When we got home on Sunday afternoon we bowled out our last game of the season and won 3 of 4. That puts us in 5th place out of 15 teams. Jason, a guy in the league, congratulated Jim and I on the pregnancy. He said he thought I was pregnant 5 weeks ago but his wife wasn’t sure and therefore wouldn’t let him ask in case I wasn’t. ha!

5 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Sounds like some nice family time!

Megs said...

That sounds like a really nice weekend with the fam! That's funny about the wife holding the husband back like that... that was probably the smartest thing though considering how offended you would have been if you weren't actually pregnant!!

Gtemp said...

Boo to snow! We got like 2 inches of snow here on Saturday night alone. Not to mention that it's snowed pretty much every day for the last 2 weeks. But we are looking a lot warmer through the end of school.

Katrin said...

Well, at least we neither got snow on Christmas or Easter. I really feel with you on the bad weather on Easter, we are running around in t-shirts and sandals. On Sunday we had 87° F (31°C), which is extremely hot for this time of year.

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like lots of fun. :-) Boo for snow!