Friday, April 27, 2007

Did they just sing what I think they sang?

I heard the song “Too Close” by Blue on the radio the other day and despite myself, couldn’t turn it off. It reminded me of college when they used to play it at frat parties!

Like I said 8 years ago, however, how do songs like this ever make it to radio? There so inappropriate!!

Here’s the refrain of this one:

Baby when we're grinding
I get so excited
Oh, how I like it
I try but I can't fight it
Oh you're dancing real close
Plus it's real, real slow
You're making it hard for me.

If you want to watch a video of this song hit up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWDf5NWsgYU.

Rick K. introduced me to another college song around ’98 that I was in disbelief that it existed until I heard it in real life. Again- how is this allowed on public airwaves?? Remember this one? How could you forget?

She had dumps like a truck truck truck
Thighs like what what what
Baby move your butt butt butt
Uh
I think to sing it again
She had dumps like a truck truck truck
Thighs like what what what
All night long
Let me see that thong

There’s another scandalous song that is escaping me now that also fits into this category. I'm sure there are a half dozen others as well!

10 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

You are too funny. Is this a sign we're getting old that we're catching on to stuff like this.

Megs said...

The Thong Song!!!!

HA! I loved that song when it was popular years ago.... and sadly.. I liked 'Too Close' too. I'm such a dork.

Dale said...

How about the part that goes "I feel a little poke coming through on you..."

TreyJ said...

Man I'm really out of touch. I have no clue what song you're talking about.

Martha said...

I'm with trey...

Anonymous said...

I like those songs. Not every song has to have a deep meaning. Sometimes, it's nice to just enjoy the music regardless of the lyrics. It doesn't make you a bad person to like those songs. You shouldn't be embarassed to enjoy a variety of music.

Sarah said...

If you think those are bad you should hear some of the songs that are popular these days! I have to keep up on it so I can screen stuff for the kids, and it's insane how inappropriate and graphic some stuff is!

Katrin said...

In our radios they don't really screen bad english words, because most people don't understand. When I was travelling with some US teenagers and this song by Eamon came on the radio - uncensored (as in f this and f that) - they were all going nuts in the bus. Especially their teachers! I thought it was funny because I didn't like the song anyways.

Katrin said...

Hello, I tagged you. You can see it on my blog.

Katharine said...

hahaha...do you remember david banner's "play" song, prob out maybe 2 years ago? i couldn't believe THAT song was on the radio!!! there's not exactly much that could possibly be cleaned up.