Thursday, April 12, 2007

28 Weeks

How your baby’s doing: By this week, your baby weighs nearly 2 ½ lbs. and measures about 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. Her fat layers are continuing to build up as she gets ready for life outside the womb. The big news this week is that your baby can open and close her eyes — which now sport full lashes. This movement is more of a reflexive blink than a deliberate opening and closing, but it won't be long before she's batting those beauties at you.

Side note: in the baby book I'm reading it called out the fantastic weight Nicole has put on – just 11 weeks ago she was only 3 and a half ounces; now she is almost 2.5lbs! GEEZ!

My Take: yeah, I'm getting more “symptoms” of pregnancy more often. I had a Charlie horse last night that still has me sore this morning when I walk; sleeping though the night is a distant memory; my abdominal cramps are more often and stronger (leading me sometimes to consider calling the doc to make sure this really is normal); and I'm getting more fluid loss than I had previously. On the up-side- my 3-hour glucose test came back normal, I think I'm still okay weight-wise, and Nicole’s moving more often and more firmly. I have a dr. appt. next Tuesday.

As of yesterday I'm officially in my third trimester!

8 comments:

Finlands finest said...

You're in the homestreatch now! Nicole has eyelashes, that is so cute. I wonder what color her eyes are going to be?? Hazel maybe?

Karen said...

blue for sure - both her parents have the recessive blue eye gene!

She'll also have unattached earlobes, a longer "index" toe as compared to her big toe, and be able to roll her tounge!

Finlands finest said...

All very admirable qualities in a little girl! :)

I love genetics!!

Viki said...

In-sane that you are now in your 3rd trimester! I wish Nicole beautiful, long lashes that only need regular mascara to look full - no fake ones, curlers, or any of that pain in the butt stuff.

Gtemp said...

you keep taking care of my little niece. just start threatening her with groundings for when she's born if she keeps beating you up!

Wait, you can't ground my little niece... I'll just steal her for a couple days and we'll eat real lasagna (not that baby crap) and watch Bob together in the mornings!

Megs said...

Is it just me or what but I feel like Nicole should weigh more! I'm like imagining a real full-sized baby in your belly and not something that could fit in MY palm! That's adorable that she's battin those lashes now! She's winking at me!

LisaMarie said...

I can't believe you're in your third trimester. It seems almost yesterday you were telling me you were pregnant! The fluid thing would be the scariest in my mind. No one likes leaking anything out of that "hole". LOL! I can't believe I just said that!

Mamma Sarah said...

How is it possible that you are already in the homestretch??? You're lying.... just kidding. I'm sure she will be totally adorable since her daddy is hot... not to mention her mommy being a total babe! :-)