Thursday, April 19, 2007

29 Weeks

What Nicole is Up to: Your baby is growing rapidly now. This week she weighs about half a pound more than she did last week (just over 2 1/2 pounds total) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is getting bigger to accommodate her growing brain — which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in your baby's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester.

My Take: Literally the day after I mentioned having cramps last week they went away. :) What’s starting to happen with more (but still limited) frequency is some acid reflux – maybe I’ll be getting my wish of a kid with hair! She’s also kicking more frequently and has affection for snuggling under my left rib.

In attempt to reduce the amount of weight I'm gaining I'm trying harder (admittedly not “really hard”) to not eat as many sweets. Yesterday was limited to 4 Andes mints (those little after dinner things). I have intentionally not even opened the candy cabinet at work because I know there are mini Take 5’s and 3 boxes of marshmallow peeps in there that I can’t (aka choose not to) resist.

Only other notable thing is that my bathroom breaks are becoming more frequent – like every other time I stand up.

9 comments:

Megs said...

HA I remember how your bathroom breaks started giving you away at work about being pregnant - before you told anyone. You went from going like 3-4 times a day (if that) to like every hour. A couple days before you told me, I remember you asked if you looked 'pleasantly plump' that day which is not like you at all... I remember saying to Amanda the next day like... 'Karen's acting a little strange... I bet you she's pregnant!'

I'm excited with how much progress you've made! Nicole's one lucky kid to have such a healthy mom!

You better eat something today at company lunch that rowls Nicole up so I can finally feel this kid move!

Finlands finest said...

I share the same sentiment as Megan, Why haven't I felt Nicole move. No daughter of yours can be shy?!?!

Viki said...

Maybe you can think of the next few weeks as an extension/extention (why is neither spelling looking right today) of Lent and it will be easier to not have sweets?

Another reason for me not to get pregnant ever - I'd probably have to live in the bathroom.

Finally, I think it's very sweet that Nicole likes to cuddle up under your rib like that. I'm getting visions of a little blonde baby girl snuggling up with you. :-)

Gtemp said...

kids love sweets!! Eat more candy! I know I would be happier if i was a baby...

Anonymous said...

you are almost there and all the bathroom breaks and aches and pains are definitely worth it! i cant imagine not having ryann in my life!!! she is amazing :-)

Mamma Sarah said...

OMG Linds commented! What?!?! LOL.

I agree with Megan and Jen... Nicole is in no way going to be shy so she better get over this stranger anxiety quickly. When you said she was cuddling with your rib I smiled. How cute. I hope she's a cuddler early on. Alex is just now getting into the whole cuddling act. :-)

Unknown said...

"Married to a hottie, Jim; knocked-up and moving in September to a to-be-built house; telecom sales and adjunct prof" Love your tagline - that's brilliant.

Finlands finest said...

I have no doubt Nicole will be a cuddler!

TreyJ said...

Under a rib sounds like a great place to curl up!

Wait...that sounds really weird. Oh well, I'm going to post it anyway.