Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weekend of 3-14-08

It was a very nice, relaxing weekend. By some miracle we didn't have plans on Friday or Saturday night which allowed lots of quality family time and prep time for our 18 guests on Sunday.

Here's the major highlights of the weekend in pictures:

Jim, Nicole and I were invited by Tom and Meghan to brunch and an Easter Egg Hunt at the local park. As Jim was judging a science fair, Nic and I headed up to Mason for the big event. Meghan made an amazing ham and we got to hang out with a REALLY scary-looking bunny.

Now that Nicole has two teeth in (bottom center), we're encouraging good dental habits. Here she is practicing the circular motion of proper brushing.
Sunday was Baptism day (and Palm Sunday) at our new church. Here Nicole is before we left home in her christening outfit. This dress was originally made for and worn by my mom, then by me, and now, 55 years later, by Nicole. On top of this she had a little short-sleeved jacket that my aunt Mary wore and my cousins wore at their Christenings. I also had her in a crocheted dress that my Godmother made for me.

Here we are after the ceremony. Proud Godparents Sarah & Greg are in back.
--------------
This is a random picture of a truck that I followed for about 2 miles on the way to the brunch on Saturday. Cracked me up that someone went to this extent on their truck! Even the license plate "matches". I was a very unsafe driver as I fished around for my camera to get this shot.


No political comments necessary, just wanted to share a funny picture. : )

12 comments:

Tom said...

It's not easter without a creepy bunny! Glad you could make it! Hopefully my Tax dollars will go towards a new Bunny outfit next year!

TreyJ said...

First off - Easter Bunny is FREAKY!

Second, I'm curious how your mom both made and wore that dress, considering the size.

Karen said...

Oops! I forgot my "for" - added now!

Finlands finest said...

Nicole looked soo cute in her baptism dress. I also think she looks adorable in the pic with the Easter bunny.

Sounds like you had a good relazing weekend. I'm happy about that for you!

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful time yesterday. I think your brother really enjoyed the Mexican lunch!

Laura said...

Congrats on Nic's baptism! Its good to see she is a thorough brusher.

Martha said...

The Bunny was scary! You weren't kidding.

Mamma Sarah said...

OMG... this is the reason why Alex saw the REAL bunny... :-) No scary bunnies in the future please.

Great time on Sunday! Food folks and fun for sure!

Katharine said...

LOVE the last picture. A related one I heard on the radio once was something about how Republicans don't make very good protesters because they're too busy working and earning a living.
Then again, my favorite bumper sticker I've seen says "fermez le bush" so I think I really just appreciate witty political humor.

Viki said...

Yeah, I agree on the scary Easter Bunny...

I'm sorry I couldn't be there this weekend - Nic looks adorable. :-)

Katrin said...

Is that the bunny from Donnie Darko?
And yes, she is such an adorable baby!
Bumper stickers (or art?) are not very common here (except for the one or other "baby on board" sign), so the last picture is really American for me. :)

Martha said...

Kathy - I thought your favorite bumper sticker (granted, you didn't get to see it) is:
"The truly educated never graduate"
:)
And "fermez le bush" is a favorite of mine, too.