Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Little Life Updates

Lately I’ve been listening to a new radio station in Cincinnati, Radio 94.1. They play lots of music I like from artists that range from Dave Matthews (even the “oldies” like Satellite, etc.) to the Cranberries to Bush to Maroon 5. As Grandpa Wolf says: “LOVE IT”. They get almost through Dayton before they cut out but I don’t think Lisa will be able to hear it.

***************
After having Alex, Sarah chronicled new mommy life and at times, perhaps, gave more information than the average reader needed to know. Several months later when I was in that phase I really appreciated her insight into all the aspects of life post-birth. And so, because it’s my blog, and I'm actually happy about it, and it might benefit someone else, and I’ve prefaced it enough… I'm proud to announce that for the first time since September 2006…

I got my period!

***************
We’ve got a friend of Jim’s and his buddy staying with us 5 days a week while they do an electrical union job out in Indiana. Like the days of Jim’s parents living with us, they’ve offered to cook and clean to “earn their keep”. Really it’s their trade we’re excited about – starting last night they’re wiring our garage so we can finish it. Projects two and three are under-cabinet lighting and external lights (along our walkway, motion lights on the driveway, and to illuminate the house in general). So far it’s only cost about $450 in materials but that number isn’t close to being the final figure.

***************
Mark and Caitlin like us, they really like us. OK, they do (I hope!) but really they like our neighborhood. Mark’s come individually and they’ve come together as a couple to talk to our building rep at the model house and are touring a model they’re interested in this coming weekend. While they’re not in a hurry to move, I am SUPER excited at the prospect of them living near-by.

***************
Nicole is getting a little more crawling momentum. She’ll get up on all fours now and rock for a while. She’ll also use one leg to push forward or to spin. She has no patience however, like her mother, and when she doesn’t get what she wants (ie the toy I'm holding just out of reach) she squawks LOUDLY.

5 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

I'm glad that all my detailed experiences post-baby didn't go to waste. :-) Congrats on getting back in the flo of things! :-P

Martha said...

Great news! I got my period, too! The first time since Feb 2008!

LisaMarie said...

Glad to hear you've joined the rest of us in the world of periods....but you don't have to sound so excited about it...hahaha.

You have me ingrigued by the radio station. Is it like the new 92.9?

Anonymous said...

After all of that information, I find it amusing that all 3 people who have comments I can see commented on you getting your period.

Anonymous said...

Hey! do you think your electric guys can hang a nice florescent fixture over the Ping Pong table to even up the field in this week's Invitational?