Monday, March 10, 2008

Movie Review

We watched several movies over the past few days:

Good Luck Chuck- a show about women who fall in love with the guy they meet AFTER they sleep with the main character, Charles. Many cute parts but a little over the top in others. We watched the unrated version and man was it unrated. Rating: B

Heartbreak Kid- this looked promising. It had Ben Stiller (who looked remarkably buff actually) and a real cute blonde as his wife who turns annoying and divorsable quickly on their honeymoon. Somewhere in the middle though it goes downhill. Way downhill. There was actually a scene where you caught a glimpse of a donkey and a woman assuming "the position". Horrid. I never needed to see that. Rating: C-

Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End- Johnny Depp truly is an amazing actor. I wish I could say the same for the plot of this movie. BLEH. Even at almost three hours it felt like the editors cut scenes that might have helped clarify what the hell was going on. This was DEFINITELY NOT a kid's movie as you see someone get shot point-blank in the forehead in the first 20 minutes. Not recommended. Rating: D
Oh, and Jim watched Saw 4, which I refused to watch. Since this is my blog, and I didn't see it, it doesn't get rated "officially" but he gave it a C+.

5 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

I have to totally agree with you on the Pirates movie... we were VERY disappointed in the last one, but man Johnny is still hot! :-D

Martha said...

I've only seen Pirates of this list. I liked it, but agree it was confusing. That just meant you better not miss any parts, and by watching with someone you can discuss and pick up on different things for a little more clarity...

I watched Semi-Pro this weekend. Typical Will Farrell humor. It was great. I laughed a lot. :)

Megs said...

I've seen Good Luck Chuck & Heartbreak Kid. Both pretty good movies. And I definiely agree with your ratings!

GLC could have been a little funnier considering Dane Cook was the lead but overall... it was decent.

Heartbreak Kid - HORRIBLY DISAPPOINTED! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ben Stiller and was surprised at how boring this movie was overall. And the wife was almost TOO annoying! Decent ending though :)

Pirates - Haven't seen but I'm sad to hear that it sucked. Boo, I'll still check it out for myself though.

Oh I watched Oceans Thirteen Friday while we were snowed in and I dunno if you've seen it or not but definitely an A+. I'm a HUGE fan of the Ocean's series and this one was definitely another good one.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jim on Saw 4. The first one was definitely the best!

Katharine said...

I actually thought the Heartbreak Kid was a lot funnier than I expected it to be.