Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend Update

This weekend was a full and fun one! Some highlights:

Friday was a half day at work and after I picked up Nicole from daycare we headed over to Blue Ash to have Gold Star with Dad, his treat! Nicole ate some oyster crackers while I had a 3-way that was much better than I remember Gold Star being. When we got home, our family headed out to see the speakers Jim wants for the future great-room surround sound system and then up to Jeffersonville for some much-needed outlet mall shopping. I got 2 Banana Republic tops (same top, 2 colors), a pair of Gap dress pants, some TH jeans, a dress and a top from Dress Barn and some glass pie pans. Jim picked up some socks, boxers, jeans and a t-shirt as well. No clothes for Nicole though she did get a new embroidered bed skirt for her crib from PB ($8!!).

Nicole was very happy to be out and about and made shopping a longer than necessary process by keeping the attention of the salespeople and patrons in every store we went to. People can’t resist babies and I’ll enjoy the compliments now as no one will even notice her in few months/years (when the next crop of babies tours the mall). We grabbed some dinner at Bob Evans and made it home to be in bed at a reasonable time.

Saturday: Jim spent HOURS cleaning up the garage in prep for the electrical work his buddy Kevin is going to do for us (we’re finishing the garage). After Nicole woke up from her second 2-hour nap we scooted over to Buick to test drive what will probably be our next car purchase later this spring, the Enclave. I want third row seating, Jim wants luxury. We’re not done test driving, but this SUV is outpacing it’s competition easily so far.

That night we had my parents and Ryann over to play and watch movies. The girls are so cute together and Ryann is all about sharing (specifically her Cheez-Its with me!). We watched I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry which I really enjoyed. Good humor, good doses of seriousness. A-.

Sunday: Nicole woke up nice and early at 7:22. Clearly we haven’t exposed her nearly enough to the joy of sleeping in. We went to a really beautiful church service – full choir & about a 8-piece brass ensemble. Even the sermon was good. Following church we hung out at the house, battled Nicole to take a nap, and then headed to Grandma and Grandpa’s for some Easter celebrations family-style. Nicole and Ryann both really really really enjoyed the new car thing that Grandma got and they were spoiled with socks, pillows and outfits from the family (more than her parents gave her!).


Dinner at Easter was really good. Nicole especially loved her first *DA DA DA DUMMM* taste of meat- Turkey! The kid couldn't get enough of it! I shredded some pieces of white and dark for her and it didn't much matter what color as long as the flow of it was steady. A kid after Trey's own heart, I'm sure!

7 comments:

Martha said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

I refuse to buy clothes from "Dress Barn". Based 100% on it's name. I won't even walk in the store or stare in the windows. (I will however, buy alcohol from Liquor Barn and find it very fitting...)

LisaMarie said...

The Enclave looks sharp. Too small for us big people though....I'll bet the width and head room isn't enough for taller people. What are the dimensions?

I'll bet it gets better gas mileage than my truckasaurus though....

I'm just glad you're not buying a minivan. This means we can still be friends and I'll ride in your car willingly.... :)

Finlands finest said...

Oh no a carnivore child!! :) She is soo cute in the car. Babies now have such fun toys!

Glad you got some clothes that fit. I want to see you model them!!

Laura said...

I'm impressed with Nicole's ability to hang onto the car like that...she is going to be a little daredevil!

Viki said...

Glad it was a good weekend, and that you got some good clothes! I like your comment about Nic taking after Trey with the meat thing. :-)

TreyJ said...

Karen, you took the words right out of my mouth!

And good for you for standing up and getting an SUV. After all, it's your right! :)

Katrin said...

Such a sweet kid, and congrats on the shopping, I wish we could go to an outlet mall once in a while!