Monday, March 10, 2008

Smiling on a Monday Morning

I feel really good about today.

I woke up on time, dressed Nicole in an outfit that isn’t overall cute but matches her pink and purple Mini Mouse socks from Jen O (the highlight of the ensemble) so overall I like it, and I realized before I got dressed that I needed something more professional for a meeting I have this afternoon.

Really though the best parts so far are that I heard the traffic report in time to take an alternate route to work and avoid the huge back-ups on 275E. My alternate route is going down Sharon Road which is much prettier than the highway anyway. So, as I listened to a Rob Thomas song I really like and munched on my PB&J that Jim made with the exact right ratio of PB to jelly to bread, I rounded the bend and got hit with a brilliant ball of neon orange sun rising over the clouds. Thank you daylight savings time for letting me see this! It was stunning!

The other advantage to the alternative route to work is that I get to 1) drive past Dave and Rachel S’s road (I waved to you!) which made me happy because they are such nice people and seeing their street reminded me of them and 2) I get to drive through Glendale which is about the cutest of towns ever. There were several houses for sale – the kind Lisa would like to live in – but I'm sure they are big big bucks.

The other cool thing – Carol built something amazing with all the snow we got:


6 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

I LOVE the peep that Carol did. How fantastic!

Don't you just love those types of drives in to work. :-)

Martha said...

what happened to the other post?

sounds like a great day. We've been getting sunshine and 60's. :( no snow. And I even have snowshoes in case I'd need them in such weather..... Such a shame. I really am jealous of all the snow you got! And I love the peep snow statues. (don't eat the yellow snow! they must have a big dog to color that much snow)

Viki said...

I like the snow animals. :-)

Glad things are going well...little things like that are great.

LisaMarie said...

That giant Peep is AWESOME!

And that sounds like a great morning. I didn't have one like that. So I'm jealous. :)

And what kind of houses were they? Old? Charming? Mouse free? :)

Laura said...

Wow, that made me feel a little nostalgic. I grew up there (went to Princeton) and I could picture you driving along that road!

Anonymous said...

this made me smile :)