Friday, March 14, 2008

Centerfold

I used to read a lot of fashion magazines, and a trend I noticed, inspired by Dove I think, is that they are/were using more real people in their articles, pictures, ads, etc. than models.

Off and on when standing in my closet deciding what to wear for the day I think “if I was going to a fashion shoot, and not just to work, what would I wear?” Obviously this has not and will not ever happen, but if I had to be seen publically, by thousands of readers nationwide, what would I want to be seen wearing?

It’d have to be something that was very “Karen” – nothing too trendy, short, or uptight. Jeans would seem a logical choice but they aren’t often the most flattering pair of pants a woman can wear (Jim disagrees). I wear a lot of black in real life but that seems too trite to be published in a magazine. The thought that I’d have to go buy something new is frustrating because why don’t I have something suitable yet amazing already!?

SO, if I had to pick, I’d lean towards dressed-up versus the everyday preppy look (tailored pants, oxford shirt with a sweater over it, & low heels) that would be my first inclination- too generic for print! I think I’d wear my pink pencil skirt (fun, feminine color yet professional cut) with a tucked-in, button-up white shirt, stiletto heals in a reasonable height, my Tiffany bracelet, and “diamond” earrings. Since this is for a magazine I think I’d put on pantyhose too to keep my legs smooth-looking, or may be they could just air-brush that part in for me.

9 comments:

Laura said...

Wow...I really only have jeans, shorts, and t-shirts! Maybe I need to go shopping cause your outfit sounds super cute!

Megs said...

Business in the front... party in the back!!! lol

Anonymous said...

I can't say that I have ever had that thought! I think the pencil skirt and white shirt would be perfect for a magazine. I wish my thoughts weren't boring and more like your's. My days would be so much more interesting!!!

Mamma Sarah said...

You are too funny. I would totally be an AE girl. Blue jeans, boots, layered look with backpack and hiking girl. Then again... we'll have to look at some photo albums sometime and you'll see that was me all along.

Finlands finest said...

That sounds like a great outfit!!

If I was going to be in a magazine--I would either be in an outfit that I can wear my cut brown hat with OR I would be modeling sports bras--yeah I could do the dove modeling thing in a heartbeat ;)

Martha said...

when you titled this "centerfold", my mind was elsewhere!!
I don't really think about that. Then again, you don't want to open up Cosmo and find a picture of yourself walking down the street with the black bar and labeled a "don't".....
but I don't think about that when I get dressed.....hopefully vests are great for photos as I wear one daily. Literally, yes, every day, whether I'm dressed up or down. Shoot, I even wore one for Christmas Mass with a long skirt and heels and a longsleeved shirt!!!

Viki said...

I need more clothes...

Finlands finest said...

Have you chosen what Jim would wear in a centerfold??

I am curious if guys ever think about this...

Katrin said...

I am having issues at the moment with my closet. I don't think there is anything I can wear at the moment. Thanks a lot for the compliment on my blog, but I am not losing weight at all (more like gaining steadily) :(
Your outfit sounds really cute! You could show it off here...
And I am with Martha: "centerfold" tells me something that does not include a lot of clothes.