Thursday, March 13, 2008

Frazzled

I’m painfully busy at work and have started to let my stress manifest in a few ways: 1) not taking the time to read blogs, which is unfortunate as that helps relax me, and I feel MORE stressed out that I'm a bad friend for not keeping up with people; 2) driving really fast when it’s just me in the car – I think it’s a form of control that I'm managing a 2000 lb. piece of metal at unsafe speeds; 3) calling people out- I got an email from a colleague of mine who irritated me at the exact wrong time and it was all I could do to not write the nastiest of emails back to her.

I try to relax at home, but I'm letting little things there get to me. For example, Jim came home a half hour later (7:45) than he said he would which meant that dinner was already cooled off and I was REALLY hungry by the time he showed up. I was overly snippy with him about not calling when my point could have been made in 2 sentences. Sorry, Jim.

My stress is further compounded by frustration at not getting all I need done personally – I still have 1 pair of jeans that sorta fits. Last Thursday I had to wear a back-up pair and I literally pulled them down to my knees without undoing the button or zipper to prove a point. Nic’s baptism is this weekend but time escaped me and we’re having our meeting with the pastor on Friday night (was supposed to be last week but I never called to schedule and they didn’t call me), just 2 days before the event!

No need to comment here, I just needed to exhale some of this for a moment.

4 comments:

Megs said...

WOOSAW.... :)

I feel ya on the frazzeledness... It'll calm down soon enough! Hang in there.

linds said...

Hang in there Karen :-)

LisaMarie said...

*hugs*

Viki said...

I also feel ya on the frazzled thing. It'll get better eventually...

So, if you're jeans are falling down, does that mean you're getting skinnier? Maybe that's a silver lining... :-)