Friday, March 23, 2007

Where are these people?

When you go to a hair salon (note I said SALON, not barber or shop like a Great Clips) all the folks doing hair normally have great hair themselves. I always look around when I'm in the chair and think “why can’t I have modern and cool hair like her?” Every last one of them is stylish, well-colored, and neat (no frizzies, even “messed up” ponytails look chic!) when you’re there.

Where are these people in the real world? I never see those same hair folks with the ideal styles just milling around the mall or the grocery store. I see lots of people with "girl next door" hair like mine, but nobody I could pinpoint as a hair stylist outside of thier professional environment.

Also, in the year + since I had my acrylic nails taken off, I never seem to see anyone with fake nails either. I'm chalking this up to the reverse of when you buy a new car and suddenly see “your” car all over- since I no longer have perfect nails I see no one else with them either...

9 comments:

Megs said...

Well that's good atleast... atleast you're walking around jealous all the time about that girl's hair or nails. But also... it's probably that A) You don't notice nails AS much because you're not fussing over the fake ones or B)you're hanging out with the right crowd. Plenty of girls I know have fake nails... not professional looking ones necessarily (color OR length) but fake nails none-the-less.

Finlands finest said...

That blog cracked me up!! Too funny!!

I often don't notice hair styles on other people unless they are really bad or really good! I need a manicure and thanks to Lisa's blog a pedi!

Mamma Sarah said...

I think when one become prego they start to notice things that they normally don't. You're right about the stylists in salons. They do have great hair..... BUT... there is always that one who appears to be a student who has pink and blue spiked hair that is sweeping up and washing towels. Man I wish I would have had my camera to take a pic of this girl.

Dale said...

This is such a girlie post :)

Martha said...

it's not the peon who has the horrible hair. that poor girl lets the peon practice on her (note, never go to the stylist with the BEST hair...she didn't do it herself). At my salon the stylists would do each other's hair whenever there was downtime....hence, it may have very recently been done...

Viki said...

You know, I've been noticing over the past few months that I'll see people with perfect, great looking hair and wonder how they do it. I'm always downtown somewhere, or at CCC rehearsal - a few of the girls in the group have great cuts. It makes me jealous, but, alas, I don't have time to deal with that myself...

Anonymous said...

The people with perfect hair all live in San Diego. You can't go anywhere without seeing them here. (yes this is Joe if you wondered)

Karen said...

YEAH!! Joe!!!

Anonymous said...

ya know what's funny about this? i asked a stylist this exact same thing the other day. her response, "yeah, we get compliments like that all the time, but only we know that we're in desperate need of a trim or a touch up." so, we are falling all over their hair, but they hate their hair just as much as we hate ours.